Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia's Kirby Smart shares challenges, benefits of coaching alma mater

SystemSystem Posts: 10,486 admin
edited July 2020 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia's Kirby Smart shares challenges, benefits of coaching alma mater

ATHENS — Kirby Smart shared that the biggest pressure of being the head coach of your alma mater is not what you might think. “What I found was the first year, it had nothing to do with the outcome of wins and losses,” Smart said. “I’m not making excuses for wins or losses. “(But) there’s a lot of pressure of your

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Griffith: "It is sometimes amusing to see fans second-guessing coaches on personnel decisions, particularly when they don’t see the 20 hours of practice each week or understand the nuances of each position and game plan." I would respond, yes, true, but many are able to measure past results from decisions made from game plan and use of players. There are some savvy fans out there. Overall, Coach Smart is doing a tremendous job! UGA is an elite Power 5 University with a very positive future under his guidance.

• Options
    AlysiadawgAlysiadawg Posts: 63 ✭✭ Sophomore

Game plan is great. But you have to be able to change your game plan on the fly sometimes. Saban and Belichick are geniuses at doing that. I am sure CKS would agree. Dealing with people though when you are the HC at any major university has to be a really big headache sometimes. Everyone telling you what you should do when more than likely they have no idea what to do. Letterman And boosters feel like because they give money, they have a say so.