Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

WATCH: Explosive Georgia football news week, more signs season will happen

SystemSystem Posts: 10,485 admin
edited July 2020 in Article commenting
imageWATCH: Explosive Georgia football news week, more signs season will happen

Georgia football had a lot going on in the past week, from the quarterback room to the secondary, where a redshirt sophomore announced he plans to leave the program

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sankey is right. UGA provides a closed medical arsenal second to none in the football ranks. He backed Scott down in a hurry. But as to a full season...don't see that yet...conference only plus one...GA Tech??? Good scrimmage for UGA i guess;

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I have been saying it for weeks... FACT: If these athletes do not have a football season, more specifically they do not receive the strict conditioning and attention required to stay healthy so they can play, their likelihood of getting the virus increases. These kids aren't going to isolate and not take risks if there is no season but I guarantee they will take significantly more precautions if getting sick means losing weeks or months of playing time! Can I get an amen?

I'm glad to hear Sankey speaking truth and standing against the spin of that liberal bed-wetting report who attempted to make Sankey look like he is placing athletes at risk!

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

HBO is soooooo woke. THey are down with the liberal agenda of shutting everything down by using the threat of guilt. Slanted questioning from the get go. Glad Sankey had a pair.

• Options
    joelljoell Posts: 34 ✭ Freshman

Must be nice being one of the guaranteed 1st rounders like Trevor Lawrence`, Justin Fields, etc. Sign a liability waiver & be a guinea pig. Or don't play & still get a huge contract. Why take the risk ??

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2020

Maybe Sankey and the illustrous leaders of the Power 5 and NCAA need to read this in-depth article. I've been pretty much preaching this kind of thing for weeks now...call me Debbie-downer or whatever...no one in charge is looking at reality...instead they are all wearing rose-colored glasses and putting revenue ahead of safety, common sense, and logic.

I love my Dawgs and college football in general, but I just still cannot see playing this season as it is now.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Playing football or not this season will have zero affect on these college kids getting COVID . Nor if they cancel school attendance and just do distance learning. Does anyone really believe these kids at this age are going to stay inside and stair at the ceiling for months on end? Ha!

They will find other outlets and venues for their energies. They know they have little to fear from it. They will come closer to spreading it at home(not playing football or attending school in person)to pops and grannie than being away at school with coaches at least trying to hold them accountable and doing regular testing.

Dems da facts.