Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

WATCH: Sorting out College Football Playoff hopes, implications and Georgia football decisions

SystemSystem Posts: 10,435 admin
edited July 2020 in Article commenting
imageWATCH: Sorting out College Football Playoff hopes, implications and Georgia football decisions

ATHENS — For those keeping score at home, things are getting out of hand and more than confusing. If deciphering the statistics surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic wasn’t challenging enough — they are now overrun with politics and back-to-school implications — keeping track of the football hierarchy is absolutely

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2020

It's easy to delay decisions...harder to step up and make the right one... which is to unfortunately cancel the Fall football season... even Spring is questionable at this point but more realistic.

Michigan State just had to quarantine the ENTIRE team for 14-days because of a single COVID positive test. Imagine this happening during the season?

Just DO IT!

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This is all such a load of crap. I'm going to live my life, never had the flu but if I get flu or any other type of virus I will deal with it and live my life as a free man. If you disagree, that's fine with me. Wear your masks and hide in the shadows but don't try to make me do the same. I respect your rights as long as you respect mine.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2020

rhbatch...

This IS NOT a load of crap. At this point over 3 times as many people have died of COVID than typically do in a severe flu season. We have no vaccine and no cure. Your experience with the flu is comparing apples and oranges and makes no difference. Our bodies have no antibodies for this virus, and we've had experience with the flu (and all its strains) for decades. And we have a vaccine for the flu. In addition, there can be long lasting serious adverse health effects with COVID even if you make it through.

Football practice hasn't even begun. Be realistic. Stop being selfish. Do what you want but all that people are doing who push back against safety and mask mandates is delaying the economic recovery and any real chance of a college football season. The U.S. is a seriously good example of what NOT to do in order to battle the virus. We are the laughing stock of the world!

• Options
    97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 347 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Rhbatch: Your idea about doing your own thing is not valid. You could contract COVID and not have symptoms while you are contagious. People who wear masks are protecting everyone else from what they might have — most masks being worn are cloth masks that stop droplets from the wearer. When you don’t wear a mask you are broadcasting droplets every time you exhale. You’re not respecting the rest of us; you’re putting us at risk, even if we’re masked. Think about that the next time you walk past an older person when you’re out and about.

• Options

I'm 77, don't attempt to lecture me about "older person". I, quite frankly, do not believe the bull$hit being spouted by so called "health experts" like Fauci. I have been tested recently for covid19 and the test came back, surprisingly, negative. I know how to cover my face when sneezing and have been doing so long before last January. If crowds were causing a disease spread, why have the rioters not gotten sick (or at least been reported as sick). This whole episode is, simply, illogical land unbelievable.

• Options
    97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 347 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Just wear the mask. It does you no harm.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hey rhbatch....I gotcha by a year. A real old Dawg! I wear a mask. I have a 20-something -year-old grandson who lives with us....and he is active. He has been tested and found negative. But he could contract it the next day...who knows...so we practice hygiene to the max! Masks are mandated in our town...but we would wear one anyway. This covid is a real downer for folks our age. I applaud your independence but do remember that others are always involved as well. Peace!

• Options
    joelljoell Posts: 34 ✭ Freshman

@rhbatch

"there are none so blind as those who will not see."

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The world is not laughing at America over COVID no matter how much CNN, or the Atlantic, or the Washington Post would have you believe. Maybe it is over the Democratic run cities who allow a bunch of pampered brats to burn and destroy and takeover their cities as they sit back and say, "it's just kids exercising their right to "peacefully" protest." Now I can imagine other countries and their leaders laughing or shaking their heads over that, saying to themselves "what the h@# are they thinking?'

• Options

You are absolutely right and I see clearly. Tested again yesterday (7/28/2020), still negative, still not wearing.