Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

The big questions that still need answers as Georgia football moves to SEC-only 2020 schedule

SystemSystem Posts: 10,524 admin
edited August 2020 in Article commenting
imageThe big questions that still need answers as Georgia football moves to SEC-only 2020 schedule

The SEC announced last week that it would be moving to a 10-game conference-only slate for the 2020 season. This cleared up any confusion about whether Georgia would be playing non-conference games in 2020. We also learned the start of the season would be pushed back to Sept. 26. The announcement did answer a number

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2020

Great questions Connor...add another VERY important one: What are the specific testing, tracing, quarantine, and safety protocols?

This question has yet to be answered in any detailed format for the public and the kids.

Hundreds of PAC-12 players listing demands upon their league...this thing called a college football season is FAR from being decided...the can was simply kicked down the road another 2 months. Practice hasn't even started.

And did you read in today's Athens paper?

https://www.onlineathens.com/news/20200803/uga-reopening-plans-rsquoclearly-inadequatersquo-mdash-even-life-threatening-mdash-faculty-declare

• Options
    dawgfan623dawgfan623 Posts: 110 ✭✭✭ Junior

We are all going about our lives without being tested on a daily basis. People need to grow a pair and stop being babies and go to work and school. If you don't want to fine, don't but you shouldn't be able to keep your job or spot in school if you are going to take a year off because of this.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I was hopeful the season could get played. Not so sure now. Heard last light that the present strain of the virus is 10 times more communicable than the original back in March and April. When I go out in public I am one of the few and I do mean few who wears a mask. The majority aren't going to unless it's mandatory. Don't see that happening in Ga. And because of that and a failure to social distance, I have a friend who works as an ER Nurse P.A. on weekends at our local hospital who told me Sunday she examined and diagnosed 15 new COVID patients in one day. But here's the catch, I live in a semi-rural town of 10K. And besides that I pass a local doc-in -the -box facility on my way to work every day. Every Monday morning the line of young folks waiting to get tested wraps around the building. Thank God it isn't more lethal than what it is.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Covid-19...college admin...faculty...sports...teams...football... scheduling...fans. All still not settled. Closer, yes. but as I see it, still a ways off. It is good to propound plans and be ready ...but from reports I hear...the virus isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Do we live and play with it or shut down because of it? A lot is on the line! I pray we make the right choices.