Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Big Ten schedule released, 3 takeaways as it relates to SEC football

SystemSystem Posts: 10,526 admin
edited August 2020 in Article commenting
imageBig Ten schedule released, 3 takeaways as it relates to SEC football

The Big Ten released its new football schedule on Wednesday, and there were a few changes that has SEC football fans wondering how its league might respond

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    traildawg51traildawg51 Posts: 46 ✭✭✭ Junior

This is just my humble opinion and I could be entirely wrong but I think the SEC is making a mistake pushing the start date of the season so far out. As much as I hate the Big 10, I think their scheduling of the season with open dates for flexability makes a lot of sense. I would hate to see the SEC and more importantly the Dawgs be handicapped by starting the season so late. If nothing else, it would be nice to have some time off at the end of the schedule to add some rest and recuperation time if it is not needed for make up games.

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My fear is that things are going to start shutting down again when the weather turns colder. Not only will we have COVID 19, but flu and pneumonia season will be here. Starting earlier makes sense based on this. I can't imagine why anyone would think that things will be better in late September.

I'm not trying to be negative, and I really hope I'm wrong. However, I was right when back in early March I called a spike in the summer due to people staying indoors when it gets HOT outside in the south and southwest...just using common sense.

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Congrats on your prediction. It's almost as bold a prediction as picking the Dawgs over Tech. 🤣

Big 10 will have cooler weather the beginning of September. Perhaps they are trying to beat cold weather? It will get colder there, earlier. Probably a good call waiting until the 26th, for teams in the South. Mizzu might run into cold weather, earlier. But they don't belong in the sec, anyway. Maybe should have recruited Memphis? Their football sucks, anyway, but the bball could probably contend every year in the sec.