Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

WATCH: Georgia fans tuned in to crazy, political football offseason with good reason

SystemSystem Posts: 10,490 admin
edited August 2020 in Article commenting
imageWATCH: Georgia fans tuned in to crazy, political football offseason with good reason

Georgia football fans take the time to sort through the crazy offseason issues with good reason; the Bulldogs are loaded for a national championship run, this could be the year

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"All they can do — and the UGA fans can do — is hope a safe pathway exists for football, and that enough enough conferences stay in the game for a college season to exist." Viruses take on renewed life during fall is what we hear. That may be why Big -10 backed out and Pac-12 is hesitating. UGA has a dream team this year..potentially....and needs to hold its position of ...play ball! Come on...GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My concern is that we'll have CV-19, the flu and pneumonia all to deal with when the weather turns colder.

I know we have a flu vaccine, but it is NOT mandatory, and the vaccine isn't a perfect match for the strains.

There will always be people who are immuno-compromised when a virus or something like this hits.

When I hear criticism of how the US has handled this vs the rest of the world, I believe our way of life is very different than the rest of the world. Plus, with the amount of diabetes and obese that we have in this country, I'm not sure it's a fair comparison.

Besides, some people just do NOT take care of themselves and it seems they don't want to.

That said, I hope the CF season goes on! If there aren't fans in the stands, what is there to worry about? Without fans, is anyone honestly saying that the players and coaches wouldn't get it if the season is canceled?

You can't live in a bubble. Personally, I don't think a vaccine is going to solve the problem because not everyone will take it, but I do believe that better treatments are here versus 5 months ago, and better treatments will continue to be developed.

Go Dawgs! This is the best overall Dawgs' team I can remember heading into a season, and I'm ready to see them play!