Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

SEC, ACC, Big 12 lead way in championship appearances, college football moves forward

SystemSystem Posts: 10,487 admin
edited August 2020 in Article commenting
imageSEC, ACC, Big 12 lead way in championship appearances, college football moves forward

ATHENS — Collegiate football appears ready to move on after a stormy weekend of leaked conference briefings culminated with the Big Ten and Pac-12 cancelling their fall sports seasons. Of the 130 FBS schools, 78 tentatively plan to participate in fall sports at the time of this Wednesday morning publication.  

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

With these 3 conferences, we will have the best teams in the playoffs.

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That's what I've been thinking...how many of these teams are already in the top 20?

There is so much talent in these 3 conferences, and I think the Big 10 and PAC 12 will regret their decision in the long run if they play this fall.

• Options
    dawgfan623dawgfan623 Posts: 110 ✭✭✭ Junior

Except Ohio State or possibly Penn St. Those are the only two exceptions, but I would believe that if we have the season with those 3 conferences then they would join a conference for this year like ND did with the ACC this year.

• Options
    SOARDAWGSOARDAWG Posts: 15 ✭ Freshman

The season will be fine, if not better without the Little 10 or the PacFudge conferences. Sure, they'll whine when hopefully the Dawgs walks away with a National Championship, but who cares, they made their own beds! But if anyone doesn't think its political instead of their lame financial excuse, they need to check their headgear. MAC and the Mountain West have legitimate financial excuses, but not those 2 loser conferences. What I hope is that all their players enter the transfer portal, "Beam me up Scotty!"