Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

DN90: Kirby Smart has testy exchange over UGA offensive changes

SystemSystem Posts: 10,435 admin
edited August 2020 in Article commenting
imageDN90: Kirby Smart has testy exchange over UGA offensive changes

Georgia coach Kirby Smart occasionally becomes frustrated by perceptions of the Bulldogs offense, and his ire was drawn by that topic again on Sunday night when Smart spoke with reporters to preview the start of preseason practices.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I really didn’t think Kirby was that testy.....he just called it like it was and he’s tired of all the harping. I think last year we lacked seasoned receivers after having 4 go to the NFL, another graduate and another kicked off the team. Throw-in injuries to 3 additional receivers and a new TE transfer from another school. I doubt seriously that Lawrence or Fields would have done much better passing with so many issues. Hopefully that will be the same fate the lizards 🦎 will have this season. Massive attrition at WR could be Florida’s “Achilles” heal.....at least I hope so. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I support Kirby, but that was a bad look on his part.

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 369 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Our running was worse because of our awful O-Line that, for reasons I could never understand, was always touted as great. The "Great Wall" was terrible. Individually, yes, there were great players but you don't keep the wolves out with a single brick. They never worked together to be called a wall and our running suffered. We went an entire season with no up the middle prodcutivity.

• Options
    RealityBasedDawgFanRealityBasedDawgFan Posts: 198 ✭✭✭ Junior

A bit dog will holler, even a HC dog!

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the box loaded up on pretty much every down our offense played last season due to the passing game deficiencies? Defenders tend to get open and fill gaps when they consistently have a numbers advantage.