Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

WATCH: Georgia tailback James Cook positioned for breakout if focus matches talent

SystemSystem Posts: 10,550 admin
edited September 2020 in Article commenting
imageWATCH: Georgia tailback James Cook positioned for breakout if focus matches talent

ATHENS — Georgia football will have a new-look offense, and the vibe is that James Cook will often be seen with the ball in his hands. Cook, an explosive junior out of Miami, was recently featured by the UGA football Twitter account in an introduction of sorts. RELATED: 3 key takeaways from Scrimmage Two The

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    SAVYSAVY Posts: 260 ✭✭✭ Junior

Really excited to see what you can do, James. Now that you might finally get the chance to display your talent.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The yearly "this is going to be Cook's breakout season" story. Hope it comes true this season.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

“The goal,” Cook said, “I”m trying to be the best person I can be and win a national championship for my team.” Cannot ask anything more of this exceptional young running back. I truly hope his success matches his focus. Zamir will be right with him. He can create explosive situations as well. Two very good backs. Kenny McIntosh and power back Kendall Milton will also be used as UGA presents a very potent backfield to opponents!

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 838 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mike, you've been pitching Cook for 3 years... and for good reason-- he has immense potential, his impact hasn't matched it, and it's been a head-scratcher as to why. His own readiness? Coach utilization? We're all in his corner, and hoping it finally comes together in a huge way this year. Go James! Go Dawgs!

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My sentiments exactly @khummel. Every year we hear about Cook's potential and how he just changes the game. Last year, he had a great game against Vanderbilt, then was basically invisible after that. And UGA kept trying to use him to run the same plays as Swift and White and he went nowhere. I'm pulling for him, I really am. But to date, the bark about him has been way more ferocious than his bite. Go Dawgs!