Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

5-star Brock Vandagriff has glowing recap of secret recruiting weekend

SystemSystem Posts: 10,551 admin
edited September 2020 in Article commenting
image5-star Brock Vandagriff has glowing recap of secret recruiting weekend

Who's the most effective recruiter on the staff right now? It just might be 5-star QB Brock Vandagriff for the Georgia football program at this time. That 2021 recruiting effort is being led by Vandagriff.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    jarred_buckjarred_buck Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The pied piper, Brock the Rock Vandagriff!!

If we pull Terrion Arnold, Mims, Maason Smith, and Korey Foreman we should not care what our class is ranked. That would have all of the makings of a National championship!! Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    SAVYSAVY Posts: 260 ✭✭✭ Junior

I don’t believe the Dogs will get all those guys. Just too good to be true. And too much competition from their local schools. Fun to think about the possibility though. I’m sure there will be similar stories out of BR.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2020

The possible nickname "Brock Lobster" refers to The song Rock Lobster.. Sang by the B-52's..NOT R.E.M..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Brock V. is amazing. He is having the time of his life squiring these all-star recruits all over Athens and beyond in a truck. What a Dawg he is! Right now, he is UGA's best recruiter! In 2021 he should be in solid contention for UGA's QB slot...at worst 2022. Smart should hire him to recruit! LOL. He is smart, engaging and full of life....plus has a 5-star QB rating with a top GA school and program. Pretty heady stuff. Lives less than 15 miles from UGA. I have spent many a post ballhooing this young talent. He may well be the future of UGA football. Hope he stays four years...but, if he is as good as I think he is...he'll be a high draft pick.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This all sounds good and right now, these kids are having fun -- as they should. But sooner or later they're going to have to make a firm decision. Hard to believe that they all love Athens -- Vandagriff -- that much. Maybe we can get Mims (and I don't even guarantee that) and maybe one of the others. Foreman would be great, but the Louisiana kid probably winds up at LSU and he and Foreman are close. But if nothing else, these visits are generating a lot of attention for UGA, so maybe some other kids we want, kids who are closer to home, will take notice.

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It is awesome that Brock has jumped in with both feet into this role. He's right if he were still committed to OU, then our situation would be much worse than it is now.

• Options
    JoeFannJoeFann Posts: 170 ✭✭✭ Junior

Reel 'em in, Brock! Go Dawgs!