Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

DN90: It might be time to take a timeout on Georgia QB hype

SystemSystem Posts: 10,546 admin
edited September 2020 in Article commenting
imageDN90: It might be time to take a timeout on Georgia QB hype

Georgia football fans can get a quick update on the latest news involving the Bulldogs each day with DN90. DawgNation’s Brandon Adams provides all the latest UGA happenings on video in about 90 seconds. So follow along as Kirby Smart and the rest of the Bulldogs attempt to lead UGA to a national championship, and get

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Quit all this negativity because JT will be awesome. His season will be like his first half last year at USC before his injury. He was 25 for 34 and over 200 yards and didn’t play a full half of a game. Brandon....Think positive and believe me....... he will be great. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yes, we need to let the QB position play out. We don't even know who's going to be the starter yet.

I'm convinced Newman bolted because he was afraid he wouldn't win the starting position. How did all that overhyped press play out when it was about him. Nobody knows at this point.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Many posters have been saying the same thing, Brandon. We have been hyping the stats of these supposed superstars and not their actual on-field performance in the SEC. Projection is good, but over-projection ends up with what we are now facing: Newman bailed and Daniels isn't even cleared to play on the 26th! We are possibly looking at Mathis to start..how is that for irony? Where is the hype now?

• Options
    maconexpressmaconexpress Posts: 164 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think it's about time to focus on the CEO. It's his responsibility to manage his coaching staff, his players and then find the formula that wins national championships. What I notice about the sec head coaches that won their first national championship is that one or both coordinators stayed with the program long enough for them to win the title. That hadn't happened yet for Kirby. Can he win a national championship with Todd Monken this season? If Todd's football intelligence is any where near the intelligence of Steve Spurrier or Mike Leach, I think they have a very good chance with the elite players at Todd's disposal.

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Many of the outlets that hype the qbs also rank uf ahead of UGA. How is that logical?