Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart explains why JT Daniels can practice but isn't yet cleared for Arkansas game

SystemSystem Posts: 10,410 admin
edited September 2020 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart explains why JT Daniels can practice but isn't yet cleared for Arkansas game

At no point has JT Daniels been cleared for game action during this fall for Georgia. But he has been cleared to practice and has done so with the Bulldogs for the last 17 practices. With many expecting Jamie Newman to be the starter against Arkansas, it wasn't seen as a huge problem that Daniels might not be ready

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mike: "On Tuesday, the Georgia coach though also revealed that Daniels had to have a second operation done on the knee in January."

This tells us why he is still recovering. I did not know he had a second operation...though minor. I simply cannot see Daniels starting on the 26th. Could be wrong. I can see Mathis, but not Daniels. Taking a hard hit...rare ...but happens...to me would be too risky.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Why don't we just say it this way: "Mathis is expected to start against Arkansas, unless Daniels is cleared to play, which at this point is still up in the air."

In reality, I don't believe it's up in the air, UNLESS CKS actually knows that Daniels won't be cleared and is trying to play mind games with Arkansas so that they have to prepare for both quarterbacks. I don't think that's the case, but it's also hard to believe that he would want to go into the first game of the season, a conference game at that, waiting until kickoff to determine who's going to start. That just doesn't seem like the Kirby way as he hasn't done that in any year since he's been the head coach. At some point, days or weeks before the game, he's named a number 1 QB, even if he allows the competition for the job to continue throughout the year as he did with Fromm and Fields.