Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

WATCH: D'Wan Mathis throws dart, George Pickens' spectacular catch

SystemSystem Posts: 10,435 admin
edited September 2020 in Article commenting
imageWATCH: D'Wan Mathis throws dart, George Pickens' spectacular catch

Georgia football opened the practice gate for SEC Network cameras and microphones, and the Bulldogs' did not disappoint with Richard LeCounte's voice a common feature

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

A couple things stood out to me. Pickens looked nearly unstoppable, Stokes looked like a novice trying to cover Pickens.

Mathis looked dejected after his interception. Mathis appeared to be the only QB in that video.

The demeanor and energy of most of the players did not look encouraging. The temperature was unseasonably cool yesterday so we can't blame it on a hot Georgia summer day.

I hope these young men fully understand that if they give it their all, they could achieve greatness this season.

• Options
    GaDawgNTexasGaDawgNTexas Posts: 13 ✭✭ Sophomore

You're reading entirely to much into this clip. This wasn't yday but from several days ago. You can't possibly determine the energy and demeanor of practice from a edited 4min clip. Clips all coming from different portions of practice. Having played football not every single practice is going to be guys yelling and screaming like their pants on fire.

• Options
    BoydCrowderBoydCrowder Posts: 73 ✭✭✭ Junior

3 things I love about this video:

1. Pickens is a beast!
    2. The way LeCounte plays and talks makes me smile.
    3. The way Kirby says, "priiiiide."
  • Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It was clear from the language of the head coach and the accompanying edit that the energy level was not where it needs to be one week from the first game.

Glad to hear you played ball too. Maybe one day we could grab a beer and see who between us has been more battle tested.

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Less than one week to the start of the season, and you are worried about team conditioning? You would think self motivation would be enough to keep in shape for the upcoming season.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I watched the Big Dawgs and littler versions in that video...it was cherry picked...I agree. D'Wan looked pretty good..Pickens....great! Don't get after anyone: ie.. Stokes ...defending against Pickens...impossible. Burton needs to let loose and be the Dawg we expect him to be at receiver. Pickens will be double covered at ARK. LeCounte is a true leader and seems matured. I loved watching them. Have this thrill in my gut..UGA is ready!!!! Tremendous talent...all seem ready to rumble.

GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I do hope Mathis is the starter, not because of what happened to him but because he's the best QB out there, if indeed he is. I'm just tired of this holding back. Just announce him as the starter, although I can see a scenario in which CKS is trying to be coy. Sam Pittman will already have a little insight about the Dawg's offense, so Kirby may be trying to keep him just a little off balance. We shall see. Five days to go and counting . . . Go Dawgs!