Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Football preview: What’s the outlook for the Dawgs in a season like no other?

SystemSystem Posts: 10,410 admin
edited September 2020 in Article commenting
imageFootball preview: What’s the outlook for the Dawgs in a season like no other?

Soon, we’ll find out how far Georgia’s 2020 team can go with a new QB and revamped offense

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Nice synopsis as usual Bill.

Although I didn't think Newman was as great as everyone said, I did think he had the necessary experience to be the best choice to start out the season.

Is Mathis a TRUE dual threat QB? If so, I didn't realize that. In which case, if he is and has an arm with the accuracy we've seen this Spring, I'd say hands-down the starting job needs to go to Mathis. I still think Beck and/or Daniels will be playing as well.

I'll have to check out the book. Thanks

• Options
    maconexpressmaconexpress Posts: 164 ✭✭✭ Junior

Nothing is guaranteed but there are 3 reasons why I believe uga has a chance to win a national championship this season.

#1 Todd Monken - Todd Monken didn't have one elite player in his offense in his 1st season @OSU but he still helped them win their 1st conference title since 1976 (35 yrs). At uga he will have 3 five star RBs, 1 five star WR and 1 five star TE.

#2 Dual Threat/Mobile QB - Uga's championship record with Dual Threat/Mobile QBs, is very good. They've (DTQBs) won 2 national championships and 10 conference titles. The good thing about that is that Dual Threat/Mobile QBs have a very good record against Saban's tides. 

#3 Defense - Even if the defense doesn't reach the elite level this season, I'm confident that they will be better than they were last season and I think Kirby is motivated because if he wins the sec title this season, he will tie Mark Richt for 2 conference titles in five seasons.

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Are you kidding? When did UGA have a dual threat QB help win a National Title? The 1980 team was Buck Belue at QB, and he sure wasn't much of a dual threat. Herschel Walker was at least 90% of the reason why the Dawgs won it all then. Belue's stats in the Championship game was atrocious. Herschel and defense won that game.