Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart updates the latest on quarterbacks JT Daniels, D'Wan Mathis ahead of Arkansas opener

SystemSystem Posts: 10,473 admin
edited September 2020 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart updates the latest on quarterbacks JT Daniels, D'Wan Mathis ahead of Arkansas opener

For those expecting Kirby Smart to come out and publicly declare who Georgia's starting quarterback would be for this Saturday's game against Arkansas, sorry to disappoint you. Smart once again kept the quarterback decision close to the visit. When speaking about the position he made sure to speak in general terms

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

CKS obviously doesn't report to me, but I don't understand his reluctance to name a starting QB, unless he's privately told the players already and is just hiding it from Arkansas. It seems as if he REALLY wants Daniels to be the starter (maybe that's why Newman left) despite how well Mathis has supposedly performed in practice. This is weird to me because it is CKS who has said that because of the absence of Spring practice and the chaos surrounding the fall practices, that the team is behind where they should be in getting ready for the season. If that's the case, it would seem he would want to name a starting QB as soon as possible so that he and the offense would have maximum time to gel. Again, the players themselves may know but other SEC teams (LSU, Alabama, South Carolina) have all announced their starters so don't understand what the holdup is. And all the stories keep saying that Mathis will start "unless Daniels is cleared to play," which to me, if true, says that Daniels is really the starter and all this other stuff about Mathis is just to make us (and maybe Mathis, himself) feel good. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone is fascinated with people that have left our football program. You get one question and you use it asking about Pittman?! Sorry, just needed to air that.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

First off, Smart isn't one to name starting at ANY position and he's indicated numerous times that it's a week-to-week thing even with the job was Fromm's. This is not only strategy, but I think he legitimate believes it and will any QB to win out the spot. For better or worse, he's not a Joe-Cox-has-earned-the-right-to-try (great guy and DGD, which is why I say for better or worse). Certainly Saban has no loyalty and will put in whoever he wants.

I do have to wonder if they have intentionally NOT gotten clearance for JT to play to keep things questionable. He's stated that JT has been practicing, so might as well wait until Saturday morning and then get official word.