Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

UGA drops below Florida in Week 4 Coaches Poll, AP Poll after Arkansas performance

SystemSystem Posts: 10,410 admin
edited September 2020 in Article commenting
imageUGA drops below Florida in Week 4 Coaches Poll, AP Poll after Arkansas performance

The Georgia Bulldogs won their opening game 37-10, but was a rather unimpressive effort, as the Bulldogs had just 5 points in the first and didn't score their first touchdown until the third quarter. Because of that, the Bulldogs were jumped in both the Coaches Poll and the AP Poll this week. Florida overtook them in

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

Can't argue with the rational of the voters, FL offense looked good against a crappy Ole Miss team that still put up 35 points on the Gators defense. The good news is that we get to settle this on the field. I don't expect FL to be able to score half as many points against the Dawgs defense. Hopefully by then, the offense will be finding their stride...

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I watched part of the FL game.....Ole Miss could have made it 52-42 toward the very end but just missed on a long drive. FL defense is in question. Their offense is productive...Trask did a good job. The reviewers have been aching to put FL over UGA...now have done it..will take something to remove them...how about UGA beating FL in J-Ville? Had UGA scored in Half One, FL would not be #3...Come on Dawgs!!! Strut it! Mean business....none of this "sloppy play.." Too much indecision on offense. Luke and Monken..get it together.....! You are paid millions (?) to produce. Produce. You have been given talent like no other team. Auburn is watching the "film." So is FL..I think. They like what they saw....a whole half of NADA! I am amazed UGA remains #4? Thank you Stetson and the defense. You beat the SEC cellar team. Auburn is not a cellar team! Bama is not a cellar team. Why does UGA constantly have to pull a rabbit out of a hat to win? You better sharpen up Kirby. This is one tough season! Done ranting...again.

• Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,041 mod

Florida's defense allowed over 600 yards by an Ole Miss team. Let that sink in.

• Options
    NashDawgNashDawg Posts: 63 ✭✭✭ Junior

Instead of asking why is UF ranked above UGA, I think we should ask why UGA is 4. We struggled against the worst SEC team yesterday. The barn is next week....not getting easier. Stay tuned

• Options
    NashDawgNashDawg Posts: 63 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,041 mod

Point taken, but we only struggled in the 1st half. First game jitters and hopefully all will be ironed out before next week...

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Folks, who really cares about rankings right now? Seriously. If we take care of business then everything will work out just fine. Our schedule is a beast of a gauntlet, and if we can come out of it with at most 1-loss then I do believe we have a very good chance to be in the playoffs.

I was very concerned at halftime yesterday, but adjustments were made and we saw a completely different team in the 2nd half. I'm praying that improvement & success continues, we find our starting QB soon, and the defense keeps us in every game until the offense can start truly carrying its weight.

GO DAWGS!!

• Options
    rhclaghornrhclaghorn Posts: 106 ✭✭✭ Junior

Dawgs just need to survive from week to week with one of the most difficult schedules in the nation. The next five games will be against ranked teams with probably three of those in the top ten. We will know pretty quick whether the Dawgs are a playoff contender. Meanwhile OSU and Clemson have a cakewalk, and pretty much have their playoff tickets punched already. On the plus side, Dawgs will get prime time games and lots of publicity. Buckle up for the next month or so is going to be a crazy ride :)

• Options
    JackJack Posts: 87 ✭✭✭ Junior

what does look the same is our 'O' line performing like years past.

• Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 395 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Florida beat a horrible Ole Miss. team and gave up 600 yards while doing it. Georgia needs to get their dam* QB situation straightened out and why didn't we play Carson Beck?

• Options
    GBALGBAL Posts: 742 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

No problem with that shift in ranking after those week 1 performances. Trask made a strong statement. We have questions at QB. All will pan out ...It will be what it will be.

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited September 2020

Gator O vs Dawg D- Advantage- UGA

Dawg O vs Gator "D"- Advantage UGA.