Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Vegas projects Georgia football rivalry game with Auburn to be tight

SystemSystem Posts: 10,410 admin
edited September 2020 in Article commenting
imageVegas projects Georgia football rivalry game with Auburn to be tight

ATHENS — Georgia football has opened as as 7-point favorite over Auburn in next Saturday’s Top 10 showdown at Sanford Stadium. The No. 4-ranked Bulldogs (1-0) kick off against the No. 7-ranked Tigers (1-0) at 7:30 p.m. between the hedges. A sold-out Covid—limited crowd of some 23,000 on hand and a national ESPN

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

By game time that will be down to 4

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's always amazing how close this game is and I expect it to be a great battle.

• Options
    DJG76DJG76 Posts: 212 ✭✭✭ Junior

Whatever advantage Jamie Newman thought he'd gain by reneging on his commitment to UGA and sitting out went up in smoke watching C J Costello torch LSU....Good Luck Jamie, looken like bench ridden is in your future.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Newman (pure speculation) thought he transfers to UGA and is handed the job. Enter JT and then supposedly Dwan is outshining Newman(according to rumors). HUH? Bigger arm? Runs faster? Maybe so, but Eason and Fields had bigger arms than Fromm. Newman should have been reassured( if even secretly) that he would have to fall on his face to not be the starter. Instead CKS turned it into a "competition." and then in the scrimmage I heard that Mathis takes most of the reps with the 1st team. Newman thought to himself, "I didn't come here to play back up and be embarrassed by CKS. Way to go CKS.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

People are dissing the Dawgs, but keep in mind that Auburn had just a 2 point lead over Kentucky after 3 quarters and Auburn was at home. Kentucky is vastly improved, but still, this isn't the Bama game (yet). We should have a significant advantage.

• Options
    natejawsnatejaws Posts: 162 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'm hoping we win but I'm expecting a loss. I don't expect a leap forward on the offense like I expected last year. Been fooled too many times to keep buying the same garbage rhetoric about airing it out and somebody looking good in practice. I'm not going to let my heart keep fooling me and trust what my eyes saw. I saw a team that didn't have enough practice time to click in a new offense and mostly new players across the board. The fact is, if we win its because of whipping them on special teams and defense. My eyes did see a lights out defense though, which is why I think we'll be in the game for 4 quarters.