Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia QB Stetson Bennett stays steady and ready: 'We got nine more games'

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited September 2020 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia QB Stetson Bennett stays steady and ready: 'We got nine more games'

Georgia football redshirt junior Stetson Bennett showed he can play much bigger than his size, directing a 37-10 come-from-behind win at Arkansas

Read the full story here

Comments

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m so impressed at how confident Stetson was on Saturday against the Razorbacks. Go Dawgs and Go Stetson!!!

• LakeSinclairLakeSinclair Posts: 22 ✭✭ Sophomore

219 yards, two TDs, and nearly a 70% completion rate in only half of a game. Ride Stetson until you've got a good reason not to.

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So our 2-star HS QB rose to the top over the following 4-5 star QBs who could have played for UGa last weekend had they stayed in Athens or weren’t injured:

Jake Fromm

Jamie Newman

Jacob Eason

Justin Fields

JT Daniels (injured)

GO DAWGS!!!

• rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

What a DGD! Most others would have, long ago, left the program and been too proud to return (I am sure the full scholarship had a little to do with it) to a back-up role. Shows what perseverance can do for one so inclined.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah, Stet was cool and collected. He said he knew what he had to do and did it. Actually, you would have never known he has not started a game. I also liked his comment about Monken...one of smartest coaches he knows and that Monken likes detail. Been waiting on someone to say how Monken was doing. We'll know more Saturday when UGA helmets it up with #7 Auburn and Bo Nix. Good match-up UGA defense and Auburn offense....Auburn defense vs UGA offense. Contain Bo Nix and the game is over...UGA by a margin yet to be determined.

GO DAWGS!!!

• JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

I don’t know what the rest of the season will hold for Stetson but I am dang glad we have him on the team, DGD for sure. JT has all the physical tools you could ask for in a QB, lets just hope he has half the heart and mind of Bennett. Mathis has great physical ability too and hopefully he can learn from Bennett as well.

• Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2020

Stetson has such a great attitude, and a DGD! I really like this young man.

BEAT AUBURN!

GO DAWGS!

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As everyone has mentioned, if Bennett was 6'5", he would've been a 4 or 5 star. Kentucky really should've beaten Auburn (more yards, far more 1st downs, etc), so it's not like we are playing Bama... yet. I think you start either JT or Bennett and sub out the other if things aren't "clicking". Too much "loyalty" gets worked into the equation and I think you need to swap QBs to shake things up sometimes without making a big deal about it.