Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

5 questions with Alabama beat writer, where Tide is most susceptible

SystemSystem Posts: 10,543 admin
edited October 2020 in Article commenting
image5 questions with Alabama beat writer, where Tide is most susceptible

Georgia football has its work cut out at Alabama, but Tide beat writer Mike Rodak shares some areas the Bulldogs could thrive

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I firmly believe that whomever does the following wins:

1) Plays solidly with few penalties and botched plays

2) Whoever gets the big passing plays consistently

I have complete confidence in our run D but worry that they will get 40+ yard passes on us changing 3rd and long into scoring opportunities. We may need to try out JT to get some long ball passes.

• Options
    Classof98Classof98 Posts: 241 ✭✭✭ Junior

Regarding the question of Saban's record vs. assistants, my response is that I couldn't care less.

Kirby is 0-2, not 0-21. He's not responsible for the other 19 losses. He would have had more chances to beat Saban, but Alabama has only made the SECCG once in three years.

Will Saban still be "undefeated" versus assistants if UGA wins? I don't care. I only care that UGA will still be undefeated in 2020.

• Options
    VenomGAVenomGA Posts: 363 ✭✭✭ Junior

so since Saban can't have contact with the team 90 minutes before kickoff until after the game is over AND if GA does win, will Saban not count this as a win for a former assistant against his undefeated record?

• Options
    ih8bamaih8bama Posts: 10 ✭✭ Sophomore

As stated in previous comment, really don’t care about that record vs assistants. All that matters is Saturday night and Dawgs getting the win.

And as far as the 90 minutes before kickoff rule, anyone that thinks Saban is just going to sit on his couch, eat popcorn and watch the game is mistaken. He will find a way to get his input received on the sideline. And I can’t blame him, it is in his blood and I would suspect others, including Kirby, would do the same thing if situation was reversed. He will find a way, trust me.