Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football game against Kentucky moved to Oct. 31

SystemSystem Posts: 10,505 admin
edited October 2020 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football game against Kentucky moved to Oct. 31

Due to a COVID-19 outbreak at Florida, the Georgia Bulldogs schedule has been altered. Georgia is now set to take on the Kentucky Wildcats on Oct. 31, the SEC announced. The game will be played at Noon ET and air on the SEC Network. Originally, the game against Kentucky was set for next weekend, Oct. 24. However,

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I bet if teams had to forfeit If they did not have enough eligible players, the behavior would change.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,150 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Things are just beginning to get a tad incongruous. Covid is on the rise in some cases, forcing games to be moved deeper into the fall...UGA-KY Oct 31...even winter....FL-LSU, Dec 12. Covid seems to be running the SEC right now. Coach Smart: “You’re one exposure, one outbreak away from losing some guys. We’ve been fortunate so far but we don’t have all our test results back this week.” UGA is fortunate to be getting this game with AL in on time. Some season!

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

UF AD, Bozo, has said the trip to College Station is likely the cause of the COVID outbreak while also saying that last week, before leaving Gainesville, mind you, some Gators were symptomatic and didn’t report it. Casting dispersions on College Station is every bit as idiotic as blaming the Aggie loss on 25,000 fans being too loud! At UF, they have a clown leading the athletic department, the Head Clown Coach leading the team, and a team full of clowns following!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

7 Headlines with Nick's picture. I don't get it. One might think this was a BAMA news page.

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Yeah now they get two weeks off. That is completely not fair at all. But oh well, shows that Florida has always had the sec in it's back pocket. Adjust the sec east just to better suit them.

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

For some reason, can't edit my post. Just seen in ESPN that florida is playing Missouri next weekend. I misunderstood what was wrote in the article. I apologize.

• Options
    rhclaghornrhclaghorn Posts: 106 ✭✭✭ Junior

But your original point that all this shuffling is done to accommodate FL is completely correct. If they lose their bye week before the WLOCP then the Dawgs have to lose theirs too.