Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

WATCH: Georgia QB Stetson Bennett can't keep up with Alabama, stumbles on road

SystemSystem Posts: 7,422 admin
edited October 2020 in Article commenting
imageWATCH: Georgia QB Stetson Bennett can't keep up with Alabama, stumbles on road

Georgia football QB Stetson Bennett couldn't keep up with Alabama on Saturday night in 41-24 loss to Crimson Tide in Tuscaloosa

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    MobileDawgMobileDawg Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

My vanilla opinion without reading all the explanations is pretty simple. I'm disappointed . The simple facts are that we can match Alabama in most areas of the game. They have a huge advantage in a couple of areas.

Clearly their QB and receivers are elite. Not to throw Bennett under the bus, he's a feel good story but he is not elite and I don't think his ceiling is high enough to get there. Our receivers are good but also aren't elite, of course it takes an elite QB to maximize their ability.

I can't help but wonder what's going on with Pickens and Bennett, they just don't seem to have the chemistry. Seems like we're always a piece or two away from being complete.

Our QB room is a mess IMO, every year there seems to be a debate. There's no denying the talent is there but with all that talent we still haven't been able to put an elite QB on the field. We've had Eason, Fromm, Fields, Newman, and Daniel brought in, Beck and Mathis in the wings, now another five star coming in, Vandagriff.

It's hard to summarize the performance last night, hopefully we get another crack at them down the road. It happed with Auburn several years ago, maybe Bennett can make me eat my words. I hope so!

• Options
    jamboogiejamboogie Posts: 188 ✭✭✭ Junior

the idea of having multiple QB's is that when one is hurt or struggling the other can come in and pick up the team. Where are our highly touted QB's. Might have been an op for them to play a series or so and let IV regain his composure

Accolades to the Dawgs for playing hard but it did that after the second interception that got a little demoralized, You can not throw into double and triple teaming without a risk and it bit us.

Hoping for brighter days ahead

• Options
    Dawgs2015Dawgs2015 Posts: 18 ✭ Freshman

Bennett will have is hands is full. With that Kentucky defense.

• Options
    Classof98Classof98 Posts: 241 ✭✭✭ Junior

If the pass down the sideline hits Burton anywhere near in-stride, it’s a touchdown. Although it was a completion, it was woefully underthrown, something Bennett seems to do on most deep balls, even if they are completed.

Bennett may be the best QB on the team. Then again, Kirby thought Mathis was the best QB on the team to start in Arkansas.

I’m hoping to see what JT Daniels has to offer.

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

MobileDawg, if we play them again, it won’t be with Bennett as QB. We won’t win out with him as QB. Why bring in an experienced QB as a transfer if you’re not gonna play him? I know he has an injury issue, but he has been “cleared” so what is the problem?

• Options
    Topdawg2002Topdawg2002 Posts: 40 ✭✭ Sophomore

And the worst part of the story is rs junior another year of eligibility. And we all know how loyal kirby is to the qb

• Options
    Texas_DawgTexas_Dawg Posts: 18 ✭ Freshman

And the way Kirby is talking about Bennett I don't see a change at QB coming even though we have a bye week this week.

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 368 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Let's not forget the misses on the wide open receivers in the endzone on consecutive plays. We got lucky to have an open man the third time. I guess I would have to say that was great play calling for that to even happen three times in a row but he missed badly on the first 2.

I agree with what someone else said on another thread, we have 5 star quarterbacks sitting there watching while a kid, a really good kid who works really hard, gets the start. I watched Rudy. Great movie but he only got on the field when the team stepped up to step down in the last game of the season when it was already decided. Heart doesn't win the big game.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Does anyone realize that this was only Mac Jones SEVENTH START?

The Bulldogs entered having allowed 236 yards a game. The Crimson Tide had 564. Steve Sarkisian’s unit rolled up a whopping 33 first downs on 76 plays—basically, a rate of a first down every other play. His quarterback, Mac Jones, in his seventh start, now has the same amount of 400-yard passing games as Tua Tagovailoa had in his career (three).