Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football opens as double-digit favorite over Kentucky

SystemSystem Posts: 10,420 admin
edited October 2020 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football opens as double-digit favorite over Kentucky

Georgia football has opened as a double-digit favorite over Kentucky, which struggled last week in a 20-10 loss at Missouri

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 622 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don’t understand why we have hired what is supposed to be a top notch offensive coordinator with an “air raid” mentality yet he seems to be held in check. Kirby knew what he was getting when he hired Monken. Has Carson Beck not progressed any in practice? Is JT Daniels knee still a liability even though he has been cleared by team doctors? I read in another article that Kirby decides who will start at QB. Does Monken have no say who will be the game day QB? Kirby better understand our defense has been exposed by Alabama and Alabama, Clemson and Ohio State and even Florida or Notre Dame will “boat race”” us whether he wants to own up to that or not. If we can’t put at least 40-45 points a game on these type teams that will be in the playoffs, we have no chance of a NC. Stetson is a great kid but he is not the QB to put up these type of numbers against the big boys! Kirby may be too stubborn for his own good. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If Kirby retreats, I'll give Monken until the end of the season and he is gone. I watched many of the SEC and Big 10 games this weekend and the boat race is in. UGA (Stetson Bennett) got burned by Bama and Kirby says as much as he is retreating to the run game back in the Fromm era...relying on a now exposed defense, at lease by an elite team. I was saddened to read this. Many will likely disagree but Kirby needs to move forward not regress. Sure, you can take on a UK and not be in a boat race and probably win. I doubt you will get the same results against FL. Let me say, I will be interested to watch what happens next Saturday and the following week. This may be blown out of proportion as Kirby is very guarded with his remarks. I cannot see him nullifying all that Monken is trying to accomplish. Is Kirby this insecure? Doesn't sound like him at all. I'm still going to give him the benefit of any doubt. But he must move forward...! Must. Or it is Bama results all over again. Yeah, I am a bit frustrated. You must try to outscore your opponents, Kirby!? He is trying to build around Bennett...big mistake....IMO. OSU, for instance, would blow them off the field. Something is up with JT Daniels...or he would be front and center? IMO.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2020

I really don't understand this multi-day obsession with what seems to have been an off-hand comment. There's nothing wrong with functioning efficiently and keeping the ball away from the other team's offense, while resting your defense and tiring theirs. There's no reason to think that's not what Smart meant. But people are taking the quote and running with it, seemingly under the absurd impression that he literally isn't interested in outscoring the opponent.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Auburn favored over LSU? Are you kidding me? It won’t be close enough for the refs to keep the Gus bus out of the ditch. Bet the farm!

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yes something is up with JT Daniels. Without COVID nor the knee injury, he wasn’t going to be the starter for freakin’ USC in the pathetic PAC 12. That’s what’s up with JT Daniels! And you people try to act like experts lambasting Kirby for holding back what you want to believe are our QB saviors and OC while not wanting to throw the ball all over the field with very limited QB experience and arm talent. Turnovers and giving our opponents short fields is what turns close games with good opponents into blowouts and close losses to inferior opponents. That’s what Kirby is trying to avoid until we have a QB with sufficient experience and/or talent on campus that can make the throws while not making mistakes that cost us games. Jeez!

• Options
    WayxATLdawg89WayxATLdawg89 Posts: 87 ✭✭ Sophomore

@ShoottheHooch , You do know that the only reason Daniels wouldn't be the starter at USC was due to injury right? I don't think we watched the same PAC 12 games. You do realize that when Daniels did play that he was a 17yr old HS Senior playing in P5 conference games, so yes he made some mistakes but that was a bad USC team. Every P5 school recruited this kid. Wake up Hooch...