Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia coach Kirby Smart says freshman Carson Beck 'growing, getting better'

2»

Comments

• PythonPython Posts: 157 ✭✭✭ Junior

Yeah...I mean that is pretty obvious......Kirby is not coming out and say "Beck really stunk the place up. He would not start in a million years".

• BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kirby doesn't want his players to tweet or speak about "in house" information. How in the world can you expect Kirby to do that very thing and maintain the respect of his players?

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Jake as a freshman did beat out Eason so to say Kirby hesitates to play freshmen is incorrect. The difference in Jake’s and Beck’s development was although they were both early enrollees, Jake had the benefit of a complete spring and summer workouts. For Beck, it was fall before he got a chance to learn how to line up for team pre-practice warmups and stretching and where to go and what to do during drills. COVID was/is a game changer, especially for a young QB.

• TrippTripp Posts: 512 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If the Dawgs attempt 30 plus passes against Miss St then we will know Kirby is backing off his offensive control and allowing Monken to do what he came here to do. We have to have Pickens and Jackson double digit targets per game so they stay interested and make them want to stay here. Open it up and see who will step up.

• RealityBasedDawgFanRealityBasedDawgFan Posts: 198 ✭✭✭ Junior

Coach “more of the same” Kirby Smart

• 87dawg87dawg Posts: 364 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

While I'm not ready to get the season done (because I love the season) I do get the whole "over it" bit. I mean, you have teams that are benefiting off the COVID break and others who are punished. I'm not saying the team we fielded against florida would have won but we were banged up bad while playing against a team that had just come off their first game in three weeks. Yeah, I know they were originally set to be off the week before we met but, had we been off week prior that we were supposed to be, maybe it would have been better and maybe we could have looked more into the QB position or better prepared the D to make up for the injuries that couldn't come back. Heck, we wouldn't have even had those injuries because the Kentucky game wouldn't have even happened yet. And LeCounte may not have been out on Halloween night riding a motorcycle with no lights.

And yeah, I know if we won it all this year I would be shouting it to the high heavens but honestly, you know you didn't get a real season. At least everyone else knows. I'd take the NC but maybe you just stop this year at Conference Champion (with an asterisk).

Sorry, we really got hurt by this season way more than those that benefitted from COVID days.

• BigFanBigFan Posts: 144 ✭✭✭ Junior

If the OC is "empowered," why doesn't he call the shots on who starts at QB? It's Monken's system. It's Monken who leads the prep and discussion in the QB room all week (isn't it?). It's Monken who will call the game. Who is best qualified (not highest on the org chart) to make the choice of who starts at QB?