Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football instant observations as JT Daniels saves game against Mississippi State

SystemSystem Posts: 10,439 admin
edited November 2020 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football instant observations as JT Daniels saves game against Mississippi State

It looks like Georgia finally has its quarterback in JT Daniels. The problem is that it seems to have found him as every other aspect of the team falls apart. Daniels carried Georgia all night as he shredded Mississippi State. He threw for 401 yards and four touchdowns in the win. Those numbers top anything he did in

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2020

We should all send a thank you card to JT. He saved our rears. I think we've found our starting QB. He does still seem a little tentative with his knee, but that's not unexpected.

We won, but other than the outstanding performance by JT Daniels and our receivers (mostly) there was nothing to be happy with at all. No running game, no running game, no running game. Mississippi State won the line of scrimmage.

And our secondary has now been torched by Bama, FL, and Miss State. We have no excuses. We had a full defensive roster including Davis and LeCounte when we played Bama and FL, and State barely had enough players to field a game.

We've got problems to figure out. We were lucky to win.

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Been saying for a few weeks on here that JT would get it done. He hadn't forgotten how to throw a football and the game film doesn't lie. He exceeded even my expectations. Game ball, we don't win this game with anyone else at QB.

• Options

Embarrassing attempt at running the ball. Worst game I can remember watching(50years) from a run stand point.

• Options
    VenomGAVenomGA Posts: 351 ✭✭✭ Junior

JT Daniels looked really good but the O-line looked like trash. didn't block well on pass plays and looked like garbage on run plays. UGA should have been able to truck all over MSU running the ball.

• Options

So much for our vaunted pass defense. What was that a prevent defense?

• Options
    LakeSinclairLakeSinclair Posts: 23 ✭✭ Sophomore

What in the world were we watching? 401 yards passing and 8 on the ground? Who are these guys?

• Options
    jvillebiljvillebil Posts: 166 ✭✭✭ Junior

The Good: JT and receivers looked great!

The Bad: Too many to list

• Options
    plrdawgplrdawg Posts: 157 ✭✭✭ Junior

Prevent defense almost "PRE-VENTED" us from winning.. Should have made major adjustments at half, and turned our guys loose to get after the QB..

• Options
    97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 347 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited November 2020

Did the defense just think State would be a pushover? Whatever it was, it was bad.

• Options
    jamboogiejamboogie Posts: 188 ✭✭✭ Junior

I really loved how we rediscovered our run up the middle gain. It was so productive I can understand why we continued to do it over and over. thx guys for the passing game. A win is a win but great goodness, until the end our pass defense looked a little suspect. Very entertaining is a nerve wracking way

• Options
    Bdawgs06Bdawgs06 Posts: 5 ✭ Freshman

Really impressed with Jt and receivers. Not sure what happened with our running game and basics. One thins for sure is we should totally trash the zone/prevent defense for Georgia. This bend don’t break mentality has never worked for the Dawgs.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

JT looked great !! But for a couple of dropped passes receivers looked great !! Kicker did a good job !! Punter did a good job !! That is all. Dawgs have a TON of work to do on Both sides of the ball on the practice field. Great job JT !! Proud of you and for you !!

• Options
    10DAWG10DAWG Posts: 254 ✭✭✭ Junior

Sure hope someone in the media will ask CKS why there wasn't any defensive adjustments at halftime to try and quell their dink and dunks on the five yard crossing routes and backs out in flat. I also hope both the offensive and defensive lines get called out. If I would have had to bet my last dollar before this game whether UGA would rush for 8 or 300 yards I would of took the latter. They better put JT in a bubble, I'm not confident they could USC without him.

• Options
    Wozzo_the_Wonder_DogWozzo_the_Wonder_Dog Posts: 189 ✭✭✭ Junior

Ever since the no-show against Texas in the Sugar Bowl, I get the sense that UGA football is not interested unless it is playing for a National Championship. JT Daniels was interested today because he wants the starting QB position. The wide receivers are interested because with JT, they are now an important part of the game. Everyone else, not so much. Weird year. Nebraska is in the toilet. Same for Penn State. Michigan needed 3 overtimes to pick up its first win (against Rutgers).

• Options
    zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Half this Dawgs team has checked out. Pure and simple. O Line sucks. JT got what he got on his own. Running game...nope...stopped in the backfield all night. Defense? On skates. Now they can't cover a pass of any kind....Guys wide open? This team is going backward under Kirby's watch. At least we aren't Penn St.

• Options
    zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Wozzo has it right.

• Options
    DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 410 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The dinks and dunks by State were so frustrating to watch. I don't understand why the LB's backed up so far and let the WR's catch passes underneath. If one or two of the LB's just stayed home it would have stopped most of the 5-6 yard passes over the middle. I mean how many times did their QB actually throw the ball over 10 yards? So why have so many defenders playing back 15 or more yards? We finally did a better job of stopping this late in the game.

• Options
    BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate