Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Enter Georgia quarterback JT Daniels: 'We had a great game plan'

SystemSystem Posts: 10,428 admin
edited November 2020 in Article commenting
imageEnter Georgia quarterback JT Daniels: 'We had a great game plan'

ATHENS — JT Daniels proved he was everything he was hyped up to be on Saturday night, and it was just in time to save Georgia from what would have been an embarrassing loss. Daniels was 28-of-38 passing for 401 yards and 4 touchdowns with no interceptions on a night UGA could not run the ball and struggled to stop

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It was Mississippi State and I don’t want to get overly excited but it sure was nice seeing chunk play after chunk play through the air. We had a few drops but the receivers room did a great job getting themselves free and helping Daniels have a huge successful night. I thought the pass blocking was good, maybe not great but when you have throw that many times, they gonna get to you now and then. Run blocking was atrocious as well as our run scheme. They knew Daniels was not going to risk the knee so they were not respecting the qb keeper part of the RPO. The way JT was throwing it, I wouldn’t risk him running it either but for goodness sake, scheme up a some type of misdirection run to off set the defense. I was happy to see JT go under center and run the old fashion toss sweep. Even if it was only once.

JT has a quick delivery with some zip.

Not even going to grade the defense. Alabama expose their behinds and they haven’t been able to pick their pants back up since.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2020

Does everyone realize Bama beat this same State team 41-0 just 3 weeks ago that we struggled so mightily against? No, I lied, this wasn't the same State team that Bama played. This team we played yesterday was a team that barely had enough players to field a game!! Good gosh. And Bama's defense is somewhat shaky this year. Guess Bama has a better coaching staff and had a better game plan, eh? Frustrating.

You can throw me all the excuses you want, say it was a unfamiliar offensive run-and-shoot scheme, but we were lucky to get a win last night. Thank gosh for JT.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It was a great start for JT. He was very accurate, and he clearly has the ability to place the ball where only the receiver can get to it.

The young receivers looked good, especially considering the amount talent that's already been lost for the season due to injury.

Looks like with all the young talent at receiver and JT coming back, next season's offense has a chance to be explosive.

With the deficiency at QB this season it must have been tempting to put Daniels in weeks ago. I give Smart and Monken credit for putting JT's health first.

• Options
    osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Man, I love how you consistently make a positive case for how things are going. Not “rose-colored glasses” positive, but legitimate, “let’s consider that some people actually know more than we do” optimism. Always happy to see one of your posts.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Jt blew me away with his poise and skill, raw strength and accuracy with the long ball! The defense again did not blow me away. I agree Bama did something that they cannot seem to overcome...one on one pass coverage. UGA dodged a proverbial bullet Sat. Miss. State is well coached! Very good defense against the run but that cost them with the addition of JT to the UGA starting roster. It cost them the game. I am proud of JT! He won for UGA. Keep it up. Very positive now about the rest of the schedule.