Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

JT Daniels' explosive plays to Jermaine Burton, receivers bring joy to offense

SystemSystem Posts: 10,472 admin
edited November 2020 in Article commenting
imageJT Daniels' explosive plays to Jermaine Burton, receivers bring joy to offense

Georgia freshman receiver Jermaine Burton had 8 catches for 197 yards in the 31-24 win over Mississippi State, the biggest benefactor from JT Daniels' emergence

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 347 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The best part of the passing game to me was the way we got the ball in the hands of so many receivers.

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 372 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited November 2020

So, how unhappy am I that it took this long AFTER he was cleared to let him in the game? I don't know that any outcomes would have been different but then again.....

Is this lapse in judgement why Kirby makes so much money? It reminds me of when Robert Edwards was on the defensive side and then the coaching light bulb turned on. Edwards was selected in the first round of the NFL draft.... as a running back.

At some point you have to open your eyes and stop being stubborn and do your job. I cannot believe the talent difference wasn't that obvious. Not a lack of talent, just one with MORE talent.

• Options
    ByrdManByrdMan Posts: 66 ✭✭ Sophomore

Offense looked much better but where was the defensive intensity? Not the same team that started the season.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Offense could not spring the RBs but protected JT with their lives!!! Miss State is #3 in defense. Ahead of UGA, I believe? Even UGA RBs were blocking the blitz effectively for JT!!! State could not handle WR Burton one on one. Big difference in the outcome of this game. UGA defensive backs need work. They cannot handle one on one well...was evident. State's QB had over 330 yds. Kirby needs to get on his once vaunted defense. Miss. State will be a team to be reckoned with in the future!

South Carolina up next.....

• Options
    BetheredgeBetheredge Posts: 199 ✭✭✭ Junior

Leach & Co. had a tremendous game plan which was nearly executed to perfection. MSU played their best game if the year.

Daniels & the UGa receivers threw a wrench into the MSU plan. Best execution & confidence in the passing game in years. Sad that Daniels was not out there earlier no matter the reason.

Typical slow start for UGa. The Dawgs defense has allowed 142 pts in 2020. By the opponents 1st drive of the second half, the Dawgs have allowed 125 or 88% of the 142 pts this year. Additionally, Arkansas is the only team to not to score in the last 2-3 mins of the first half. Leading or not, the Dawgs lose momentum before halftime in most games.

To win & be in title hunts every year, Kirby & Co must find a solution that has the Dawgs executing & competing on both sides of the ball for 60 mins. Until they dominate all 4 quarters, we will see more of the same. Bama hits the field with the pedal to the metal & they do not touch the breaks until the clock shows 0:00.