Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Social media thrilled with JT Daniels performance, but ponders why Kirby Smart didn't play him soone

SystemSystem Posts: 10,430 admin
edited November 2020 in Article commenting
imageSocial media thrilled with JT Daniels performance, but ponders why Kirby Smart didn't play him sooner

JT Daniels looked every bit as advertised and then some in his debut on Saturday night for the Georgia Bulldogs. In his first start in a Georgia uniform, he tossed for 401 yards and four touchdowns. He's the first Georgia quarterback to post those kinds of numbers since Aaron Murray did back in 2013. Given how much

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    busterchapbusterchap Posts: 78 ✭✭✭ Junior

Burn the **** black jerseys! No gimmicks needed, just play football!

• Options
    ItchyZItchyZ Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ Junior

Folks need to chill out. Six yards rushing for the whole game!! Really??

Not to mention we never entered their backfield and touched their quarterback until the 4th qtr.

I'm just glad JTD had no issues with his knee and he remained uninjured and we didn't have to call George down for anything.

Apologies to all the folks with their crystal clear view of the future.*

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I listened to Kirby's post-game presser. He could not stop their defense against our running game...period. He admitted it. But, because JT was in at QB...BOMBS AWAY! Bennett would have been helpless. So glad JT bailed us out. Kirby must work on the offensive line...Matt Luke...not liken it! Miss State has a super defense....good as ours. They came to stop UGA's run game....and did but they did not see JT coming at them..uh..uh. This guy lived up to the hype. And, was amply mobile!!! UGA's WRs were able to break away and take it to the house multiple times. Pickens is still a character...but one heck of a receiver...as is Burton. I feel much more confident with JT at the helm...he has broadened UGA's "horizons." Caveat: we still have to watch those dropped balls???

• Options
    DeppDoggDeppDogg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Kirby Smart's answer to the JT question boiled down to one thing that we already knew. "The coaching staff made the decision." Of course he had to add in the "We're coaches and we know what we're doing and you rubes don't" qualifier, which is standard fare for Kirby.

Happy day today for the Dawgs and thrilled that JT finally got his shot and took it. But it would be nice, one of these days, to hear Kirby Smart admit to being fallible, maybe even "wrong" once in his life, if that's possible.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I said all along roll the game tape. Practice can only tell you so much about a guy's heart and what he does when the adrenaline is flowing. Anyone remember Mathis running out of bounds when he needed just a yard to pick up the 1st down? That's what I'm referring to. Bennet has a lot of heart and desire, he's just not as gifted as JT.

JT was rated by many higher than Justin Fields after his Under-Armour performance and practices. Some pundits even thought he was better than Lawrence. Not saying he was but some thought so.

That was then , this is now, and the injury and everything, but I really do question the coaching staffs decisions, #1 that Mathis was the best option, #2 that Bennet was the 2nd best option, and then #3 that Fromm had more upside than Fields. Just thought I'd throw that last one out there.

Coaching is not an exact science or else Trask would have never sat behind Franks for FLa.

• Options
    HowlnwoofHowlnwoof Posts: 16 ✭ Freshman

Hey DeppDogg, why is it important to you to prove the Georgia coaches wrong? Surely you don't think there is any value to a "rube" being smarter than our coaches??? Remember, you make all of your comments after the fact. Why don't you put it on the line and make predictions rather than critiques?

• Options
    Bigjohnson92Bigjohnson92 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I am skeptical of Kirby and the coaches. Not for a recruiting standpoint, but from a game plan, x and o, and adjust on the fly standpoint. Miss state, with under 50 dressed players, were about to run us out of our own stadium. JT saved our collective asses.

• Options
    MiketopiaMiketopia Posts: 9 ✭ Freshman

Kirby not playing JT was a big mistake. It shows he doesn't know how to manage QB situation which includes his handling of Fromm / Fields. If JT was cleared, there's no excuse for not playing him. Do you think if Tom Brady was cleared, they would sit him? Win or lose, you lose with your best weapons. If JT plays lights out, I wouldn't be surprised if he leaves for NFL. Why stay when coaches showed no faith in you.