Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football: What Mississippi State and Mike Leach had to say

SystemSystem Posts: 7,421 admin
edited November 2020 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football: What Mississippi State and Mike Leach had to say

The Georgia football team held on to outscore and outlast Mississippi State on Saturday. What did Mike Leach and his Bulldogs have to say about the 31-24 contest?

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good thing UGA just has better recruits because I'll be John Brown if the coaches can squeeze any more juice out of them. Where does Miss St rank in recruiting the last 3 years? No where near UGA.

BAMA lays the wood to KY, and wind s by 60 with their starters taking off most of the 2nd half. UGA would have made it a nail biter and yet supposedly we have had the equal, if not better, of recruiting classes under Kirby. Hum, something wrong with this picture.

Evidently Saban didn't teach Kirby all his tricks.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wrote same things last night...JT slings 401 yds and UGA wins by one TD...and that was on a third and 20!! Thank you JT and Kearis. Yes, Leach could just as easily have left with a win....but JT Daniels was at the helm.....no way was he letting this game get away. He is a risk taker. But even said, for some reason they left the open lane for a while and I hit Kearis and that was all she wrote. That is confidence. I like this lad. He is intuitive. Plays to win! Very positive. GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Don't want to bring this up, but I will. Leach didn't feel that way after the Ala game, and that was because Ala only threw for 300 yards or so, but also ran for over 200. Right at 500 yards, while holding Miss St to 200 yards total. And won time of possession.

The passing attack is awesome to see,but without running the ball the way Ga runs the ball, it will be a Mike Leach offense. With the same record.

I do believe that the play calling was the way it was for more of protection of JT, then really trying to run. Hopefully with 1 game behind him, they feel more comfortable with running the ball for now on.

I don't care if GA throws for 400 yards, I would be happier with 300 yards while still beating people up with 200 yards rushing. Just my 2 cents.

GO DAWGS!!!