Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

No second-guessing from JT Daniels' family after 401-yard passing performance

SystemSystem Posts: 10,435 admin
edited November 2020 in Article commenting
imageNo second-guessing from JT Daniels' family after 401-yard passing performance

ATHENS — JT Daniels’ sensational performance Saturday night triggered many to question why the USC transfer quarterback wasn’t used before in the Georgia lineup. Steve Daniels — JT’s father — told DawgNation he’s not among those questioning Kirby Smart's decisions. JT Daniels gets second shot at college stardom with

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Makes me feel a whole lot better about CKS's decision making when the young man's father says he just wasn't up to **** early on. Not like he was 100% and Kirby just couldn't recognize the talent.

But, he did think Dwan was the better start over Stetson, so... the jury may still be out.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wow. That is actually a very important piece of information and makes me feel a whole lot better. Here's to JT being our starter for 2021.

I predict he will be in the top few for Heisman candidates next year.

• Options
    RomeDawg288RomeDawg288 Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have felt all along that if Kirby was sure about Daniels' health and ability to avoid reinjury, he would have had him ready for the Florida game. To me that was proof that Kirby was willing to risk a major setback this year to ensure success for long-term.

• Options
    RomeDawg288RomeDawg288 Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That setback being a loss to the dreaded Gators.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I doubt that last night was the best we are going to see JT perform. He is going to get stronger and the throws that came up short that caused the receiver to wait for the ball will be out front and go to the house very soon.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Agreed. I was very much defending Smart's management of the QB roster up until the Florida game, after which I must admit my faith began to waver. Even if Daniels wasn't physically ready, I just didn't see what there was to lose by trying Beck at some point. But the Daniels family's perspective does add quite a bit to mine, and I do find myself wishing I'd been more patient. For all we know, there's a specific reason that Beck clearly wasn't ready, just as there was for Daniels.

• Options
    latemodelraylatemodelray Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited November 2020

What did you think he would say?

If he said yea the coach was a dunce and should have started him earlier it would only cause trouble for his son ..... all you can say is I am glad he got a shot and shines and I am sure the coach is doing whats best

Duh ..... This is a dumb article

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I always thought that there was a valid reason that Kirby wasn't playing Daniels or Beck. I was bothered that Kirby wouldn't just come out and say what Daddy Daniels just said -- J.T. was not physically able to perform up to the standard necessary, and that's why the other quarterbacks, though not as talented as J.T., actually gave us the better chance to win. So we won't be SEC East Champs after winning it three years in a row. I hate that, but I think (fingers crossed) that we now have a real QB who can be a legitimate bridge between now and our future with Brock Vandagriff. I pray that J.T. gets stronger, healthier and better for the rest of this season and into the next one. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    georgiajeepn2019georgiajeepn2019 Posts: 320 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

J.T. Daniels was destined to be a Dawg because his dad is looks like a twin of Buck Belue!

• Options
    BigDawg64BigDawg64 Posts: 12 ✭ Freshman

Surely this will quiet all of the "hind sight", arm chair coaches. He wasn't in the line up because he wasn't 100%. End of story. Period. Move along.

• Options
    osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It ought to, but it won't. I love my Dawgs, and I love my fellow fans, but...

• Options
    osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

"... ... dumb article." It isn't, buddy. Have you looked at these boards in the last 6 weeks. Jesus Christ at the amount of conspiracy theorizing and Bennett bashing. I mean, maybe his dad would have something negative to say, sure. Chances are, though, if he did, he just wouldn't have said anything at all. Saying something positive, though, actually requires someone to have some faith and buy-in to what's led up to a thing. The point, largely, is to quiet all of the doubt, second-guessing, and distance-coaching that fans are wont to do. Mr. Daniels didn't have to say anything at all, but he did. That OUGHT to show that he, too, thought JT wasn't quite ready for the big show just yet. Who wants that more than a dad? If he was cool about it, we definitely ought to be.

• Options
    Bigjohnson92Bigjohnson92 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options
    Bigjohnson92Bigjohnson92 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭ Senior