Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football podcast: Thank you JT Daniels for making UGA football fun again

SystemSystem Posts: 10,410 admin
edited November 2020 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football podcast: Thank you JT Daniels for making UGA football fun again

Georgia football is the No. 1 topic every day on DawgNation Daily — the daily podcast for Georgia Bulldogs fans. Catch up on everything happening with UGA athletics with host Brandon Adams and the DawgNation experts as they break down the latest Georgia football recruiting news and discuss coach Kirby Smart’s quest

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    DeppDoggDeppDogg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Brandon:

Single best opening for this program that I've ever heard. Bravo! And something many have been feeling, if not saying out loud, for a while.

To continue your theme, JT went in to see Kirby after the FL game and straight-up told him, "I can fix this." Paraphrased, apologies for that. So.... my question is, if JT knew he could provide the throws and accuracy they needed and was confident enough to go face-up w/his head coach about it, why didn't the COACHES know it?

That's all. Don't want to beat it to death but these boys (Kirby included) need to get their egos under control and do what they ask of their players: keep working and keep getting better. That comes from making mistakes, OWNING them, and moving forward.

• Options

My goodness, is Jon Stinchcomb related to Kirby? Please. Just stop, Jon. If you take the position that a coaching staff can NEVER make a mistake, you should get another job.

• Options

Also, please fix Jon's audio. Not a first-time issue.

• Options

Goodness, it's still me, Brandon, but look at the comments from the players, about practice. They've been seeing it in practice every day (re: JT) so not surprised at all. Also, again, smacking Jon (what an embarrassment he is - we do not need a Kirby homer), his explanation - for Daniels not playing - is that the coaches don't "like" him - which is ridiculous. Hey JON! How about the coaches made a **** MISTAKE! Come one, dude, speak some truth, or at least accept the possibility that they missed it. To make it easier: let's talk one item: FLORIDA / 2nd half. In the locker room, halftime. D'wan vs. JT? Let's just be frank, if possible, on a university athletic team - ever.

But again, Brandon, well done, man. Might be the best episode, ever.

• Options
    ypcregypcreg Posts: 251 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Well, I know everyone if excited about JT Daniels, but just want to remind everyone that one game doesn't really make a quarterback.

• Options

Props to Jon on everything else. Once we get past the Kirby smooch, all is well.

• Options

Not sure what that means. One game is what it is, no more, but also no less.

• Options

Someone voted my comment "down" about coaches being honest and taking responsibility. OK. So coaches side-stepping and bull-s**ing us is cool? That's certainly a point of view. One I do not share.

• Options
    My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 380 ✭✭✭ Junior

Sorry BA, this was not fun...way off. Yeah, cool we have a Qb, but what is fun about almost losing to an inferior opponent who only had like 40 players on the sideline? What would have been fun is to see a good defensive effort with the Qb, should have been 52-21, that would have been fun!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It was as much fun as you can have with your running backs getting tackled in the backfield every time they ran. It was almost like who cares(I do) we now have a QB who can find open receivers, throw the ball to only where the receiver can get it, and who understands the X's and O's as well and maybe better than Jake Fromm did.

• Options

Lets face it, if mobility is your main decision maker than Dwan should have been the man. But we saw how silly that looks now. Stetson is a good combination of ability to move around and throw, just not quite accurate enough and often didn't find the open guy.

JT might be the least mobile due to injury, but my, oh my, give me the guy who is accurate and understands the game and the moment isn't too big for him.

• Options

Good to see we're on the same page BA. I posted this yesterday :

"JT's dad admitted JT didn't have it back in summer camp. HIs arm strength wasn't there and his mobility. That said, that was August, this is a week away from December. JT didn't regain form last week or even the week before. To some degree this is still on Kirby."