Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

2021 NFL Mock Draft projects JT Daniels in first round

2»

Comments

• Options
    DocckDocck Posts: 31 ✭✭ Sophomore

Nah, I am not buying it. We will see, but first round, after 1 season and 1 game with a year off due to injury in between.

• Options
    DocckDocck Posts: 31 ✭✭ Sophomore
  • Options
    MinnesotaDawgMinnesotaDawg Posts: 552 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

These NFL projections are a joke. In the year leading up to any particular draft, there are literally hundreds of college players who are projected by hundreds of "draft experts" to be first round selections. Jamie Newman, for instance, is another supposed first-round talent. Let's see where he goes. Jake Fromm was projected by more than a few experts last year to be the third QB taken, quite possibly in the first round.

Pretty sure a number of draft experts just look at star ranking from high schools and school brand as a starting point for their mock drafts. Tyson Campbell in first round?

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Answer: You have to have at least 3 years in college in order to be drafted. Both Fields and Lawrence were sophomores last year.

• Options
    bigdawg88bigdawg88 Posts: 64 ✭✭ Sophomore

I think those things are just click-bait. I seriously doubt any NFL people pay attention to any of them, obviously. I jsut wonder if they're some of the same people that give the grades to potential draftees. Those people aren't very good either. Look at how many kids (like Fromm) that thought they were 1st or 2nd round picks, and then end up being drafted way down, or not at all. I think someone needs to start grading all of these so-called experts to see how close they were. Give them letter grades just like they give the players and let's see how many of them grade an A or B. Maybe people will stop paying attention to the bad ones and kids will stop leaving early and end up disappointed.

• Options
    bigdawg88bigdawg88 Posts: 64 ✭✭ Sophomore

Heh, guess I'll say it... "Newman has gotta be kicking himself". Skip out and end up going 2nd or 3rd round when you could have been a top 5 pick. Maaaan, that's a lot of $$$$

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I definitely see your point. Having torn both acls in my life I just know that I took about 18 months before I was 100% and I’m by no means a high level athlete. That all being said, I think Daniels waits until next yr also because this yrs draft class has some qb’s with more up to date impressive resumes. If he leaves, I can’t blame him. I just don’t know if my nerves can handle another season of qb issues, we’ve been playing in this slop since 2018 season.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The money disparity between a #25-#32 pick 1st round and a # 3-4 pick 1st round is literally millions of dollars. JT would be foolish IMO to take less when a big season next year would put him on top. In essence, even though college athletes don't get paid for playing in college, you could like at it that you are, by improving draft status, you are getting paid, the money is just deferred.

• Options
    HunkerDawgHunkerDawg Posts: 76 ✭✭✭ Junior

He has Daniels 6th QB taken, behind Trey Lance from N Dakota State.

And they are forgetting Mac Jones, who I would think has to be more highly rated than JT at this point, given his body of work.

I don't see JT in any other mock drafts yet. So let's cool the jets.