Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football podcast: Noted SEC hater trolls UGA about CFP ranking

SystemSystem Posts: 10,410 admin
edited November 2020 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football podcast: Noted SEC hater trolls UGA about CFP ranking

Georgia football is the No. 1 topic every day on DawgNation Daily — the daily podcast for Georgia Bulldogs fans. Catch up on everything happening with UGA athletics with host Brandon Adams and the DawgNation experts as they break down the latest Georgia football recruiting news and discuss coach Kirby Smart’s quest

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    DeppDoggDeppDogg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Fight on, Mike! (Yeah, a subtle reference to the USC fight song - for the "real" USC - not the one in Columbia).

I simply don't understand why honest talk causes people such angst - including Brandon. What is the problem with frankly comparing two QBs?

What were JT's options once he entered the transfer portal? UGA, Michigan, LSU, Tennessee (and possibly Notre Dame and FSU, though unconfirmed). Stetson? One school, whose name I don't remember from the broadcast. Stetson in High School? 58 TDs, 16 INTs, for Pierce County in Blackshear, 3rd lowest of the 7 GA H.S. divisions (not their fault; based on school size). JT Daniels? 154 TDs and only 14 INTs and a national HS championship in one of the largest, most competitive football conferences in the nation, winning three national player of the year honors.

But some, including Brandon, don't seem comfortable at all with saying Stetson - one of the best Dawgs around - is not the QB that JT is.

The glaring problem with Kirby Smart's analysis about "we've seen it in practice and they can all do it" is that we've also seen it in GAMES! We have seen receivers running open, in GAMES, as throws sail over their heads, or even, in one case, almost 10 yards behind them on a sideline out-n-up route. The notion that they're all the same is frankly offensive to the marginally intelligent. Maybe Kirby might have said, "I knew he was good. I didn't know he was that good. But I'm glad he is" and moved on.

That's my bottom line. We went from possibly the lowest rated QB performance in the nation over 6 quarters (ALA/2 + Florida) to the top rated QB performance in the nation. I'd call that a good thing.

Hey, I knew JT was good. I didn't know he was that good. But I'm glad he is.

Now, let's BLOCK somebody!!

• Options
    JlkkdawgJlkkdawg Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

Kannell can’t stand that UGA has a winning record against his has-been team.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thanks Mike. BA needed to hear that. Stetson Bennett, a loyal Bulldog, would not have won that game. MSU played dare you....and JT lit up the night sky! There was no way MSU would allow UGA to run...and they took a chance and lost that JT was too rusty. If the game had continued on...JT would have put up 500 or better yds passing. This young 5-star is the real deal. He proved it in HS and at USC. Now, at UGA. Let's get behind him this Saturday!! GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    thetoastedheadthetoastedhead Posts: 27 ✭✭ Sophomore

Mike Griffith has always been a “hot take” kind of gut. There is no excusing his viscous and mean spirited comments about Stetson and Brock. That is not the culture or ethos that we come to expect from DawgNation. I will be skipping segments with Him in the future. Do better.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have to give Mike credit before the game last week when BA and Conner and JS were discussing expectations for JT he said something like 4TD's and 300 or more yards from what I remember. BA was befuddled by Mikes' prediction. MG "nailed it."

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

1) Danny K. is a total goof. 2) I think JT Daniels is the teal deal. 3) I want to Thank Stetson Bennett he gave his very best and that’s all I’ve ever asked from anyone. I doubt anyone wanted to win anymore than he did. He’s a DGD. 4) I’m truly hoping that Brock will follow through and come to UGA and that Carson will Stay at UGA and that All our QBs will reach the very best of their potential. Regardless of who the starter is injuries (as Dawgs fans are acutely aware) can happen in a flash and the Next Man Up needs to be so prepared that there is as little drop off as possible . God Bless all of Dawg Nation I hope you all have a Very Happy Thanksgiving !!

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Stetson, bless his heart is all DGD, he may do it in practices, but he sure hasn't done it in games, neither has Mathis, and I was all for him being named the starter against Arkansas. He was in on 6 drives for No Points against the Hogs. Then we trotted out Bennett and he looked pretty good against the Razorbacks, and the rest of our foes, except for the two in Alabama and Florida and if we didn't have to play Bama and the Gators, he would probably be still under center, but I also do not believe the Dawgs would have beaten Miss. State without JT throwing it for 401 yards and 4 Td's against them. The Dawgs only won by seven as it was.