Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia legend David Pollack: 'Good God, JT Daniels I didn't expect that!'

SystemSystem Posts: 10,441 admin
edited November 2020 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia legend David Pollack: 'Good God, JT Daniels I didn't expect that!'

Georgia football quarterback JT Daniels shocked Bulldogs' defensive legend and hall of famer David Pollack with his 401-debut performance

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's a bird, it's a plane...why it's JT Daniels!!!! Dave Pollack ....lolololol Finally made a believer of Pollack. Herbstreit also picked him #1 top performer of week 12. His talent was latent. Once he was healed.....hold on!!! This young QB has something to prove. Keep right on proving it at USC on Saturday, JT.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well I feel almost like a proud papa. I was telling everyone on here for some time that JT was going to put hope back into the QB position. I first reported he threw for 152 or so TD's in HS and didn't even play his SR. yr. I looked at every piece of HS and college film I could find on him and what I saw was someone pretty special who made the game look easy.

I found film where he outshone Justin Fields in the Armour Bowl, and many pundits were saying he was right there with Trevor Lawrence. And I said this guy is running the scout team? Glad for JT and for UGA. This was not some guy playing 1A schools. He led his HS to the NC as a junior against the team they had faced before but could never get past. He got them past. Hopefully he can do the same for UGA. IF CKS doesn't run him off because he's not a game manager.

• Options
    BassDawgBassDawg Posts: 125 ✭✭✭ Junior

JTD was definately a sight for sore eyes. But Pollack is right the smart teams will try to tighten up on him, probably blitz a lot more but that will be where he shines because he will pick them apart when they try it. We have an easy schedule left so not much of a test for him but the bowl game will be the true test.

• Options
    zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Griffith, do you ever find a story of your own, you know, like do research, maybe interview a few guys and get an original? Or is your deal just to print 2 day old news and put your spin on it like it was yours? And they pay you for this?

• Options
    DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior

So Pollock, Herbstreet, and three publications all were impressed with JT, but Kirby’s still not sold lol?

• Options
    bull68dawgbull68dawg Posts: 809 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

David Pollock: “ If I were a Georgia fan”

We know, we know, you’re not.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No, don't bring Chip back, thank you.

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Pollack isn't Pollock, is a true Georgia fan, he is just not a HOMER. He is usually spot on when he talks of the Dawgs.

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I just pray that Kirby doesn't put the brakes on JT Daniels and the receivers Saturday, so what if easier comeback passes were open last Saturday night. It was refreshing to see someone in a Dawg uniform throw for 400yards and 4 TD's in a game. No Dawg had done that since Aaron Murray in a losing cause against Auburn. A game the Dawgs should have won, but the pass defense let them down on the last play of the game.