Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia AD Greg McGarity 'angry' about cancellation, fears Vanderbilt won't make up game

SystemSystem Posts: 7,421 admin
edited December 2020 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia AD Greg McGarity 'angry' about cancellation, fears Vanderbilt won't make up game

Georgia AD Greg McGarity has seen enough to share his feelings about other programs who aren't disciplined enough or don't care enough to maintain protocol

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2020

Well, there's nothing really to do about it but cross your fingers and hope both Mizzou and Vandy get played....but at least the situation in the SEC isn't as bad as the lack of games in the B1G. Will Ohio State even make the playoffs or could Texas A&M slip in?

• Options
    chilidawg1chilidawg1 Posts: 156 ✭✭✭ Junior

I bet their lady kicker was ready to go because she is probably tougher than her teammates.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Don't you just get the feeling this "game" will never get played? I feel very badly for our seniors. Maybe, by Dec. 19, Richard LeCounte will be well enough to participate, if it is played?

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So the truth comes out about a girl trotting out and dribbling a “perfect” squib kick that would have gone out of bounds. Vandy wanted the press regardless of the players wishes (there has to be at least a dozen Vandy players that could have produced the same results) and now the Dawg’s seniors lose their opportunity for Senior Day recognition because of a threatened player revolt. Thanks Vandy, but what else should we expect when the SEC allows a member to share in the millions of dollars of football revenue although their football program is run as an intramural sport.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Maybe they could tell the players who revolted that the young lady isn't going to travel with them. then they could field a team? ANy chance?

• Options
    Topdawg2002Topdawg2002 Posts: 40 ✭✭ Sophomore

Hopefully uga will do something for the seniors so they can have there day. And I really hope this is finally the thing keep kirby i the butt and start running the scores up instead all this respect crap

• Options
    BassDawgBassDawg Posts: 125 ✭✭✭ Junior

Vandy needs to be in the ACC, Big10, Independent or Group 5 bunch. No concentration on football at all, doesn't match up with SEC credentials. Their football can't compete just look at the history of it it's embarrassing to the SEC - who ever let them in in the first place???

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Have a g day game

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So, Vandy cancels on Friday, but it's because of covid. Wow!

It would be better if the acting coach just came out and said, we don't have out heart in it as a team. Making bogus excuses almost makes it worse.

• Options
    tscartztscartz Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

"...the academically-oriented SEC school..." First, I should hope that every SEC school is "academically-oriented" and recognizes that football and all athletics are only a part of the academic mission of the institutions. Second, it seems to be written as if to claim the high academic standards of Vanderbilt are a reason why it couldn't/wouldn't send the team to Athens. Everybody is dealing with this thing, let's have a little empathy for others' challenges; after all, it might be us cancelling the next week. I'm disappointed the Dawgs aren't playing tomorrow also, but blaming it on Vanderbilt's academics? Come on, we're better than that!

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree with you 100 percent @tscartz . McGarity says that he's not questioning anyone's integrity, but it sure does READ like he is, talking about young people not doing the things they need to do. Does he know that Vandy players didn't follow protocol? Does he even know how the outbreak started? Did Nick Saban not do what he was supposed to do? It's a new, worldwide pandemic to which there is still no widespread cure. Suggesting, without hard evidence, that Vandy is wimping out on the game is unprofessional, in my opinion. Maybe it's true and if so, then man up and say that outright (like Dabo did) and be ready to prove it (like Dabo couldn't). Everyone knew things like missing games was a strong possibility from the get-go and yet, everyone signed up for it. No one was complaining two weeks ago when Mizzou canceled their game with us. Florida lost the game to LSU early on. Heck, even the original LSU-Bama game was postponed. If Vandy and South Carolina switched places on our schedule (which could have easily been the case), maybe we play both games and no one says anything. I'm disappointed for everyone involved, but casting aspersions on other teams with no proof is not a good look for UGA. Furthermore, if we had DEFEATED Florida and Bama ourselves when we had the opportunity, this would pretty much be a moot point, save for the seniors missing out on being able to run onto the field and get a picture with Kirby and their parents. That's sad, to be sure. But so many others in this country have already sacrificed so much more. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    Bigjohnson92Bigjohnson92 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Vandy can’t field enough players become of an outbreak of girl kicker syndrome. Highly contagious among players.

• Options
    bigdawg88bigdawg88 Posts: 64 ✭✭ Sophomore

"And that's why you're Vandy!"

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited December 2020

This has nothing to do with covid, period. This is about players that quit on the team due to the "political correctness" stunt that Vandy did last week and was wanting to continue this week. They are not cancelling due to the fear of covid, or not following guidelines. They don't have enough players to fill the necessary positions according to covid protocols. Just like Bigjohnson92 said, it is the highly contagious "girl kicker syndrome", that stopped this game. Sure, they may have a few that have covid, but majority, are just not wanting to play. Especially after allowing her to berate them at halftime last week for not "cheering" on the sidelines. And yes, they had no desire by the way they played, but still, from a person that had been there for 5 days?

But if you want to know how big of a deal it is to run out with all attention on you and your family on Senior Day, just ask them. I guarantee that is a highlight of every senior, regardless of the seasons outcome. IMHO.

GO DAWGS!!!!