Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football instant observations following dominant win over Missouri

SystemSystem Posts: 10,541 admin
edited December 2020 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football instant observations following dominant win over Missouri

It took No. 9 Georgia a half to get going on Saturday against Missouri. But once the Bulldogs did, they dominated the No. 25 Missouri Tigers. The Bulldogs used a strong second-half performance to coast to an easy 49-14 victory. The win moves Georgia to 7-2 on the season while pushing Missouri to 5-4. The 49 points

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    VenomGAVenomGA Posts: 363 ✭✭✭ Junior

1st quarter and 2nd half were awesome, the 2nd quarter we forgot a game was going on.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Don't forget the TD at the end of the half. That was huge.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great game overall for the Dawgs! (other than stumbling in Q2)

Observations:

• Run defense played superb.
    • Offensive line really opened up the run game. Zeus was a beast as usual!
    • Great to see the tight ends being used in the 2nd half (specifically Washington). Wish we did that on a regular basis.
    • Pickens showed his worth!
    • Daniels did play well overall, but he only had a 59% completion rate with several overthrown balls. He is not a very mobile QB, and a few times the pressure got him sacked or flustered. I'm still not completely sure he is our guy to take us to the next level in 2021. I guess we'll see how everything plays out through Spring practice with Beck and Vandergriff providing competition.

GO DAWGS!! Bring on Vandy!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I predicted 500 total yds and it wound up well over 600 total yds. This is the UGA team we have come to know and love....they showed up!!! JT Daniels was smokin' hot out there. George Pickens was a pure acrobat!!!! Another game ball. Zeus, Cook, RBs looking great. The Oline came to play as did UGA's defense. Rountree was held to a few yds! Fellow posters...I did not see UGA amassing these kinds of points against a tough MIzzou team...and they are...it is just that UGA is so much better!

What a team...what a day!!!!

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I liked seeing JT get into a rhythm starting on that last drive in first half. Excited about his future. Really kinda wondering who all is leaving and staying. We are gunna miss Rice but Tindall really shows some flashes.

let’s finish strong on Vandy and go spank somebody in a nice bowl somewhere!

• Options
    Tailgater1951Tailgater1951 Posts: 33 ✭✭ Sophomore

I wish we had a re-match with Gators

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That two-week layoff is good for injury recovery but not so much for QBs. JT finally got his rhythm.....he has turned UGA football around. QBs need real games to settle in with the offensive line and backs. They are landscapers.....having to scout the defense's layout every snap. JT was hot and cold at first but I thought he played admirably and can easily take UGA into the elite level. IMO. Another kid that can is Brock Vandagriff..phenomenal potential. Joe Burrow-style confidence.

JT needs more mobility. It is that knee I still believe....he favors. I did note he hangs in that pocket until mother's dinner bell. He is looking to rocket one to Pickens, et al....it costs him at times. Hello, this is his THIRD game, folks.

Is Vandy next????? Who knows if they will show???

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 834 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

On replays, at least 2 of those overthrows looked the result of uncalled holding by the DB. If those are flagged and brought back, or better yet caught, his completion percentage goes up to a more respectable 64% and 67%, respectively. Plus the dude got absolutely hammered multiple times through absolutely no fault of his own, showing a toughness few QBs have. Hey, I'm not saying JT is a savior, but he's a gift I'm happy to have, this year and next. Go Dawgs!!

• Options
    SWDawg68SWDawg68 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The first half was OK & that is with the final drive in consideration. I totally agree with those who stated, "the 2 week sudden layoff hurt our rythem". The rest of the game was more like playing against air. I am invigorated by this showing and as Coach Smart always says "we still got a lot of work to do, to get better"

Really impressed with the new center (Ericsson), he was really good, all game

The defense was dominating and Coach Lanning made two huge adjustments, 2nd qtr. and at half. Moving to a cover 2 and then the run blitz on 2nd down, shut them down. Look at the stats!!!! Rountree THE lll, who went total freak mode last week, BARELY avg over 1 yard per carry. Yep, that's more like it!

Even though I am not a huge "College Gameday" fan. I did see where Kirk Herbstreet picked Missouri to win BIG! His words, they have got the momentum and even though Georgia had more talent, "Missouri has got things rollin", I am calling for an upset over a uninspired Georgia team"

I hope he doesn't actually bet on his picks, but his 15 seconds has lasted 15 years, maybe it's time for him to retire, but his ego won't allow that!

Great win and I am watching Tennessee role over Vandy, wonder if the Commodores will find more positive players before next Saturday?

If we do play, 5 touchdown favorite!

Enjoy your weekend!

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2020

I agree, Daniels has a canon for an arm, but ok wheels. OL can also take part of the blame for failing to pick up the pressure and make a block. VERY few QB's can escape an untouched, blitzing defender at full speed.