Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart knows the Georgia football offense still has greater potential after Missouri win

SystemSystem Posts: 10,541 admin
edited December 2020 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart knows the Georgia football offense still has greater potential after Missouri win

The weather conditions in Columbia, Mo., were not optimal. Quarterback JT Daniels recognized that Missouri had a good pass rush, while Kirby Smart was aware of Missouri's top-ranked third-down defense. And none of that seemed to matter for the Georgia offense as it rolled up a season-best 615 yards to go along with

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 367 ✭✭✭ Junior

I am watching the Tenn-Vandy game (being a glutton for punishment I guess) and Vandy just needs to go ahead and forfeit next weeks game because they don't belong on the same field with the Dawgs. Seriously, there are high school football teams here in GA that could give them a game.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think OC Monken deserves mega credit for his second half adjustments. After the second half, the Mizzou defense had no answers.

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Clemson, game one 2021!

I have said it before and I will say here again. This defense is so better when Jordan Davis plays four quarters. I paid particular attention to him. He was blowing up the line of scrimmage on nearly every play. That dude is a monster. If I were an NFL scout I would have him high on my list.

Great game. I cringed seeing Bennett on the field. Glad to see Beck got a couple reps. I wish Bennett would keep the bench warm the whole game.

Last thought, we were told Blount was in the portal but dude played in the fourth quarter. What gives DN?

• Options
    DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The halftime adjustments made all the difference in the world. On both sides of the ball.

• Options
    IowadawgfanIowadawgfan Posts: 64 ✭✭ Sophomore

Defense did get better as the game wore.. lot of people don’t realize that one man can make a difference.. Jordan is a straight beast . He doesn’t move or get moved and when he just anchors the middle it frees up everyone else to do there jobs or hides inconsistent play from others .. great to hve you back 99 .. cine also looked like a totally different player out there today .. although I wish he would quit tackling so high and put that shoulder into the gut and lay the boom .. he was everywhere

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Don't want to be the downer, but just truthful. Really doesn't matter about these last games and how good the offense looks. Great to talk about it and to see it, but until they do it to a top tier team in college, it really doesn't mean much. The past games are just that, the past. They can only get better and play better against the teams across from them. If the Vandy game is played, I just don't want to see a 27-0 oh-hum game on offense. There is no reason to be nice, and take it easy. UT just scored 41 points, UGA needs to put up 50+.

GO DAWGS!!!!