Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football fans celebrate UGA's huge win, Florida's epic loss on social media

SystemSystem Posts: 10,541 admin
edited December 2020 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football fans celebrate UGA's huge win, Florida's epic loss on social media

Saturday was a great day to be a Georgia Bulldog. And there were a couple of different reasons for that. First, the No. 9 Bulldogs came away with a huge win over No. 25 Missouri. The Bulldogs put up a season-best 49 points and 615 yards of offense in less than ideal weather conditions. The win moves Georgia to 7-2 on

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    GoodLifeGoodLife Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited December 2020

Good win against Mizzou, but that's exactly what I expect UGA to do given all the talent and depth. It should not come as any surprise. What should come as a surprise is that UGA lost to UF in J'Ville this year. What also should be surprising is that UGA did NOT control their own destiny to the SECCG this year.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Does anyone know if the Gator loss and a win by the Dawgs over Vandy means we tie for the SEC East? I know the “tie breaker” in our case is our head-to-head loss to Florida, but do we technically tie for the SEC East crown? Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I wanted to see Florida represent the East well and even to give Bama a good game.

But watching the way UGA destroyed a good Mizzou team, while Dan (he's a better coach than Kirby Smart) Mullen's team had a total meltdown against a 3-5 LSU, who had less than 50 healthy scholarship players, and played a true freshman QB in his first start, that made for a pretty special day.

It's going to be sweet watching Georgia finish the season ranked higher than Florida again in 2020. Some things never change, even in a year like 2020...

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I've never been impressed with Mullen as a coach. I don't think he is as good as Kirby. However, if you break it down a bit, as much as I loved seeing an undermanned, depleted, and completely decimated LSU team beat the Gators, it also shows me A) we should have beat the Gators, and it's an embarrassment that we didn't and B) LSU hasn't really skipped a beat on their upcoming talent...as Coach O said, 'this year is the aberration year', and LSU should be much better going forward. Think about this - Florida's only 2 losses have happened against SEC WEST teams - Texas A&M and LSU. The East continues to be the weaker division of the SEC.

Great beating down of Mizzou. Let's finish our business with Vandy and most likely prepare for a good UNC or Cincinnati team. We need to win the bowl game.

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    GoodLifeGoodLife Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

With any championship, a little luck plays a part. Alabama, even though they field one of the best rosters year in, year out, has had their fair share of breaks throughout the years.

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We will tie for the East after we beat Vandy. Mullet is an idiot. He threw his qb under the bus at halftime and took no responsibility for his player’s bone headed penalty. My son would not play for that j e r k.

• Options
    Bigjohnson92Bigjohnson92 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I’m just glad trask is gone. He is a really good qb. Throws a great deep ball. Lizards take a big step back on offense next year.