Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football opens as monstrous favorite over Vanderbilt

SystemSystem Posts: 10,542 admin
edited December 2020 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football opens as monstrous favorite over Vanderbilt

Georgia football is scheduled to conclude the regular season at noon on Saturday against Vanderbilt with Senior Day activities expected before the kickoff

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I would like to see some of the younger players with less reps in this game. Beating Vandy 70 to 0 means nothing. It's like giving an apple to a teacher that has 40 sitting on her desk already. Here goes...drum roll...start Beck at QB. If he gets in trouble, send in JT. Not Bennett. I want to see Beck throw some...anybody can hand off. We have nothing to lose.

• Options
    dogs_n_bravesdogs_n_braves Posts: 121 ✭✭✭ Junior

I agree with playing the younger fellas - maybe let JT have the fist half and then hand it to Beck. Gotta show Beck some love or he is transferring with Brock coming in. And, what if we gave McIntosh the ball 15-20 times? He'd have 150 yds, easy. So explosive - probably the most underrated RB recruit we've maybe ever had.

Most excited to see Trez Marshall - not sure if he is able to play yet. And, we finally got the ball the Big #0!

I hate to do the "what if" thing, but what if JT had played against those nasty gators . . . ?

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Beck starting would help him with pressure. Otherwise it's just a practice session against a foe. He has had plenty of time to acclimate to the game situation...let him feel it for real. Beck is not D'Wan. I believe he can handle the pressure.

Kenny M is an underrated back. He would definitely run all over Vandy. I would also like to see Kendall Milton back in the saddle. What about Arian Smith ...Fastest man on team...needs more reps? Darnell Washington excelled against MO. On and on...

UGA will be strong in 2021 providing many of the Dawgs return.

• Options
    jvillebiljvillebil Posts: 168 ✭✭✭ Junior

Guys Guys Guys we all know Kirby is going to follow the script and play JT and his horses until we're up 49-0 then put in Beck and company and watch some beautiful handoffs. But I agree with you 100% just ain't gonna happen. By the way Beck is gone after this season. JMO.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Don’t know what KS will do, but it’s be a nice treat for Dawgs fans to see Beck get some significant playing time and be allowed to throw the ball some. I think the vast majority of Dawgs fans are curious to see what he can do. If he got That deep in trouble let JT come in and get things back on track. But vs Vandy as depleted as they are I don’t see him getting that deep in trouble and it wouldn’t be All passing attack any way we have all those great RBs to keep things stable. Let the kid play !! Just my take.

• Options
    JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 367 ✭✭✭ Junior

Vandy doesn’t belong on the same football field as UGA. Seriously, there are HS football teams in GA that can beat them. Given their lack of commitment to football in general, there is a case to be made that they don’t belong in the SEC. I kinda wish it was like English Football and the worst performing teams have to drop down to a lower league. Vandy is stealing the SEC’s money and they know it.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Vandy and the bowl game are 2021 preseason games. Not starting and playing JT and not allowing him to continue his development with his receivers is insane! We need to be preparing our team to destroy an SEC opponent and giving playing time to young players who we will need to step into bigger roles next year with Clemson waiting. The least of Kirby’s concerns needs to be what a third string QB may or may not do in terms of transferring!