Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football: What Missouri and Eli Drinkwitz said after that 49-14 loss

SystemSystem Posts: 10,542 admin
edited December 2020 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football: What Missouri and Eli Drinkwitz said after that 49-14 loss

The Georgia football team blasted Missouri on Saturday. What did Tigers coach Eli Drinkwitz have to say about the 35-point Bulldog win?

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I like Drinkwitz....he's forthright...Georgia flat beat up on us. We had no answer today to one of the top two teams in the SEC East. I differ there. UGA could beat FL now....period. In our minds we are #1. His allusion was also to FL who beat them 41-17 on Oct. 31. He admitted he was out-coached by UGA ....in so many words. His team is just not elite yet. I won't get into all of the minutiae. The article did that. Mizzou will improve under this young coach. I do believe that.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,631 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Aside from the blocked punt, UGA put them away easily. What I noticed watching the game and the replay is that the UGA players, most notably the O-Line, QB, and RB's had the looks on their faces of a practice game. There was literally no one breaking a sweat(even though it was cold) but more of the lack of real intensity on anyone's faces, as if they had to give it 110% or else they weren't going to win. It looked for lack of a better word, effortless.

And that's a good thing. It's what BAMA does to lessor opponents. They make it appear easy. I'll tell you what this team has jelled offensively under JT. They have some swag. I think it has even carried over to the defense.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

“...pick your poison-type deal.” is correct and the more comfortable JT gets with our talented receivers, the more deadly the poison will become.

I am already looking forward to the Clemson game! “Lord, please let this COVID vaccination be the answer to so many prayers! Besides the health of the world, college football fans can’t take another season with an asterisk!”

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I like this coach's honesty and forthrightness. No pussyfooting around. He said his team just got whipped, and he doesn't have all of the philosophical "coach-speak" answers about how they're going to recruit and all of that. He just knows they need to get better. He'll figure out the how and why later. Good for him.

The fact that so many other teams have been decimated by not only COVID-19 but voluntary opt-outs, has made me even prouder of the job CKS and his staff -- and the UGA players -- have done. Would have been VERY easy for more of them to just throw in the towel after the Florida loss and just "get ready" for the NFL. But they've stuck with it, and appear to plan to stick with it through the final game against Vandy. I do hope they'll stick with it through any bowl game as well. The season isn't over until the bowl game is over. Go Dawgs!