Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football winners and losers following big win over Missouri

SystemSystem Posts: 10,541 admin
edited December 2020 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football winners and losers following big win over Missouri

Welcome to Good Day, UGA, your one-stop shop for Georgia football news and takes. Check us out every weekday morning for everything you need to know about Georgia football, recruiting, basketball and more. Georgia football winners and losers following season-best win against Missouri Winner: The 2021 Georgia football

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

White's getting stronger and running better all the time, it would be great to watch him go full circle with his recovery while in UGA R&B. Cook is coming on strong this season as well. But, if they both decide to go, I believe there will be little to no drop-off as long as the young backs stay healthy.

I'm more concerned about a few of the other positions. Both lines of scrimmage, and almost every level of the defense. Get a few key players from those units to stay and it would make a huge difference.

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I see what you’re saying and I agree with the RB’s. I just don’t think Zeus has the resume yet to jump even though I understand about durability and rb’s. He gets caught from behind too much and it’s only recently that short yardage situations have been more dependable with him.

We are going to bleed on our defense, but I believe if we can keep Jordan Davis one more year things look a heck of a lot better. I couldn’t blame him for leaving but man is he essential to the success of our defense!

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 525 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Getting Davis back would be the key to our defense. Yeah we have a good defense, but with him, it's extremely special. We got carved up while he was gone. I just don't see him coming back. Sad to say. But cannot blame him, especially if given a 1st round grade.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

In my mind it's been a forgone conclusion for some time now that Davis is leaving. And good for him. Former 3 star who's earned an early exit for the draft. Of course there's no denying the boost he's given the defense this year, but we have been recruiting strong on the DL the past couple of cycles. Given some more time, I do believe there's a good chance that someone steps up to fill at least most of that massive void. The extra reps they got during Davis' recovery certainly don't hurt.

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

But definitely be worried if it was the same people that gave Fromm his rating. Might be best not to believe them.

E_Roc, I agree. Plenty of reps for the ones who might take his place. Just didn't look as good, because had to have 6 db's, because they couldn't cover the pass.