Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football game with Vanderbilt back in doubt, situation fluid

2»

Comments

• Options
    JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 367 ✭✭✭ Junior

Here is the way (in my opinion) that the SEC can change things this weekend. Instead of TxAM going to Knoxville to play TN, they come to Athens and play the Dawgs. Ole Miss travels to Knoxville to play the Vols instead of going to Red Stick to play LSU and then LSU starts their bowl ban early and misses their last game due to all their recruiting violations. LSU fans will squawk but they aren't going to a bowl anyway so they go out on top having beat FL.

Think about this for a game lineup on Saturday - GA v. TxAM at noon, Clemson v. ND at 4 pm and AL v. FL at 8 pm. What a great day of college football.

• Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 398 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Lets play Florida with JT behind the wheel. Did you all see the new SEC Short video-Hilarious when the girl says to Florida for being kicked out of the Playoff House-I would love to see you play Georgia again with JT Daniels as quarterback.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2020

They'd be extremely lucky to be competitive, and relevant in the Ivy league once every 8-10 years at best.

• Options
    JoeFannJoeFann Posts: 170 ✭✭✭ Junior

Somebody PLEASE call Geoff Collins and ask him if he can have the Bee Team ready and on standby. Or maybe Miami or Florida State. Texas? I'm betting lots of teams that played last week and aren't scheduled this week would be willing to take another road game. (And no, I don't have any idea what anybody else's schedule looks like.) Indiana? Maryland? UNC? Heck, Colorodo or Michigan State? Who doesn't matter as much as giving these Seniors their Day! But if you're looking around, why not find someone good or at least decent? Nobody got their full allotment of games this year, so if everybody is still on campus and practicing, I gotta believe almost all would LOVE to play Georgia. And pay them Vanderbilt's cut, plus, if needed. We should still have a couple million laying around that we didn't have to pay the two cupcakes this year. McGarity, as your last act of tenure, you should make sure the Dawgs have an opponent in Sanford Stadium on Saturday. A nice cherry on top of an effective career! Go Dawgs!

• Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 479 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

What a pathetic football program Vandy has! They wouldn't play us on schedule, yet they played Tennessee short handed so they could have their Senior's Day. What about Georgia's Senior's Day?

If Vandy doesn't show up in Athens for Saturday's game, let's hope that the SEC officials will call this a "FORFEIT" and not a "Game Not Played", because the Dawg's Seniors who would be cheated out of a chance to be the winningest group of Seniors in Bulldog history will be there and Raring to Go!!!

GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    harleydawgharleydawg Posts: 35 ✭✭ Sophomore

I think K.S. should invite Ohio State, give them a chance to be "legal" in playing for their division championship w/o having to change the rules. Gives us a chance to beat them....I think we could. It's a win win, I think. Go DAWGS!