Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Early Signing Day: Georgia football recruiting 2021 signees, commitments, live updates

SystemSystem Posts: 10,505 admin
edited December 2020 in Article commenting
imageEarly Signing Day: Georgia football recruiting 2021 signees, commitments, live updates

The Early Signing Period is officially here, as it is the first day that 2021 recruiting prospects can sign with respective schools. Below you can find information on the Georgia football 2021 recruiting class with regards to signees, commitments and live updates throughout the day. Georgia has the No. 3 ranked

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Let’s do this!

Go Dawgs, finish like a freight train!

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’d love to get Maason Smith. Interesting pearl is he is #18 in the 247 Composite, but last week he rocketed to #1 in the Rivals rankings which also has 2 of our signees in their top 7. If we are fortunate enough to get Maason we would have 3 of Rivals top 7 players and Foreman could make it 4. Go Dawgs!

• Options

johnson’s actions this close to signing day has to make one wonder about what’s in store for this signing period. I definitely see the influence of his father and that’s completely up to him, good or bad ain’t my place to say. But one thing I’ve learned about recruiting and transfers is timing is everything. Kirby has never been a type guy to leave guys in all of the time, he’s always rotated so that aspect of coaching is nothing new. The reasoning of his father and timing makes me believe there’s something in the mix this signing day that we will look back and it will make sense.

here’s to a great class and also to Please God give us someone to play Saturday!

Go dawgs!

• Options
    SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I wish Warren well in his decision. I tend to be a bit cautious on JUCO transfers until they prove able to maintain against better talent and handle the rigors of the classroom as well. Hope it works out well for the young man.

• Options
    WildmanSlayerWildmanSlayer Posts: 90 ✭✭✭ Junior

This is off Dawg247

UGA loses the nation's No. 2 junior college prospect, Lackawanna (Scranton, Pa.) cornerback De'Jahn Warren to Jackson State. He originally committed to Georgia over Penn State, suggesting that the flip to Jackson State has something to do with academics. Warren is the nation's top JUCO cornerback. 

If it is because of Academics he would have been a waste of a scholarships so it's better he went to Jackson State.

• Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 398 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Has Green signed yet?

• Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 398 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The big names to know for the day are 5-star linebacker Xavian Sorey, 5-star defensive tackle Maason Smith 4-star running back Donovan Edwards. Edwards will announce first as Sorey pushed back his announcement to 1:45 p.m. ET.

Think we get Sorey, but what are chances for Smith or Edwards?

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well crap missed on Edwards. Well at least he didn’t go to an SEC team to play against us. Wish him the very best. I think he may have been afraid of getting homesick. Oh well how it go’s .

• Options

Oh Yeah The Barber is a Dawg !! Welcome to Dawg Nation young man !! And Welcome to All our new Dawgs !! Go Dawgs !!!

• Options

Quick question.

has uga received Brock Vandergrift and Amarius Mimms letters?

haven’t seen for sure

• Options

Just updated and saw the Brock news

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2020

When do Mims and Mondon sign?

Also, not seeing much on Arnold, not even listed above as a target at this point. Wasn't he the one that kinda wanted to play with Sorey? Has that ship sailed?

Not too concerned about the misses at this point. Guess Warren would rather play for Prime Time than play in prime time (huh huh). Probably not a big deal (I'm also generally not sold on the idea of JUCO transfers) except that the secondary is such a position of need. Getting Do. Edwards would have been nice, but even if White and Cook both leave, we'll still have McIntosh, Milton, Da. Edwards and Carroll. We'll be fine.

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited December 2020

I wonder if CKS knows about the last 5 BIG names (I'm sure he does), about where they are going. Already have 20-21 recruits. Doesn't leave much room for many more. Last I heard what Sentell and Mike were talking about, is Ga only had about 23-24 spots. More attrition? Extra transferring? Or just not getting much more in recruits? Only time will tell.

I'm with Vetdawg, haven't seen anything on Mims yet. Everything still good with him?

GO DAWGS!!!!

• Options

Off topic but is a small part of this article. Vandy stinks, stank, stunk. I hope their real proud of how they torpedoed the Dawgs season. That’s alright I’m a firm believer in you reap what you sow, and what goes around comes around. Bet their feeling real smug about now how they quote “struggled against adversity” and got Their Senior Day in vs TN. But copped out on the Dawgs. They are losers in every sense of the word. 😡 But I’m Very proud of this Dawgs Senior Class and wish all the very, very best in life. Proud of this Dawgs team in general. Go Dawgs !! *** Hope we devastate Vandy next year and would be nice not even allow them a FG !! Hang a ton of points on them and a big fat doughnut on their side of the scoreboard.

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Arnold is a Feb commit.

Still waiting on Mims and Monden (sp?) to get that LOI in.

• Options
    GoodLifeGoodLife Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

Once again, I am astonished at the level of talent our program is accumulating. Another top 3 class!!! Only OSU and Alabama may have better overall rosters.

Go Dawgs!!!!

• Options
    WildmanSlayerWildmanSlayer Posts: 90 ✭✭✭ Junior

5-star Smael Mondon has signed letter of intent according to Dawg247

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Looks like Kirby has done it again on the recruiting trail! Top 3 Class at this point...now he's just got to figure out how to transform, develop, and coach that talent into an actionable game plan to get back to the playoffs and a Natty!

GO DAWGS!!

• Options
    SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited December 2020

Not getting Smith is a disappointment. I imagine that will lead to Foreman going to LSU as well.

• Options

I’m not sold on that in this cfb landscape. With Johnson leaving I think it opens things for Foreman even more at Uga, though honestly I expect Clemson if it was today.