Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

5-star signee Brock Vandagriff leads Prince Avenue Christian to state finals

SystemSystem Posts: 10,449 admin
edited December 2020 in Article commenting
image5-star signee Brock Vandagriff leads Prince Avenue Christian to state finals

Georgia QB signee Brock Vandagriff led his Wolverines to a 50-3 win in the GHSA Class A private semifinals on Friday night at Wesleyan.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There is more reason to be excited about Brock than any QB that has ever put on the Red and Black! That includes Eason and Fields! He is the total package with a generational combination of accuracy and running ability not often found in such a tremendous athlete!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That pass to the boundary was a dart.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Gotta say it....move over JT...this young athlete is the best to hit UGA in years. He is big physically, strong, passes are quick and accurate, and he loves to run. Great commander of the front line and game plan. Adept decision-maker on his feet. Moves like a very good RB! Love this kid. Oh I know the SEC is a bigger pond..but this kid can SWIM. Exceptional leader. UGA could not have landed a better QB prospect. JT will have to be at his best to beat out Brock. It may take a few games..but hold on....! Brock has the athleticism you look for in a PRO-style QB.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He's listed on recruiting sites as a Dual Threat QB.. Still one of the top High School QB's in the nation, whether it's as a DT or a PP QB..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

No offense brother, if JT is healthy...ZERO chance Brock beats him for the starting job. Brock is very talented, I too am excited to see him play AND I believe he will lead us to a Natty before he moves on but the difference between "Class A Private" ball and the SEC is beyond measure! Brock will need a ton of time in our system and the SEC before he will even start over Bennett (and I do not think highly of Bennett). Experience at the QB position in a vastly superior league is invaluable . Let's not forget JT is both very experienced and a future first-round pick AND CKS has shown he doesn't like to lose games developing players.

• Options

You guys are no fun at all. Pick, pick,, pick.....hey it's Christmas, lighten up! LOL. It will take Brock some time...but believe me...he has Smart's golden eye. Smart has been through all of that morass with Bennett , Newman and D'Wan....he is a wiser coach now. He sees what we, hopefully, all see, a very promising stripling with what it takes to make it in the SEC. I have that fifth sense or is it sixth, on this one. ..LOL. Pro, dual, call, him what we will....he is going to prove himself quickly. One of my New Year's Resolution.

Merry Christmas DawgNation!

• Options
    BigFanBigFan Posts: 146 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited December 2020

Why does everyone discount Carson Beck? He won a state championship as a Junior in FL 7A (equivalent). I'm starting to wonder if he's in Kirby's doghouse for some reason. And Kirby has been brilliant for 5 years managing that doghouse for QBs.

• Options

I gave Beck some consideration...but...he does not seem to be on Kirby's radar. Reason? Brock is a super athlete is why I am so high on this kid. Just a gut feeling about Brock...that is all folks. No lumps of coal for this old boy...please.

• Options
    DawgSonOfGamecockDawgSonOfGamecock Posts: 161 ✭✭✭ Junior

If Georgia needs anything it’s someone who can help us overcome this natty jinx, and maybe it’s this guy, Oops... I hope I didn’t jinx him in the state championship!