Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Final College Football Playoff rankings released, Georgia-Cincinnati a top-10 game

SystemSystem Posts: 10,460 admin
edited December 2020 in Article commenting
imageFinal College Football Playoff rankings released, Georgia-Cincinnati a top-10 game

We now know the four College Football Playoff teams, as the committee announced it would be Alabama at No. 1, Clemson at No. 2, Ohio State at No. 3 and Notre Dame at No. 4. Georgia finished at No. 9 in the final rankings. Texas A&M just missed the final four, coming in at No. 5. The Bulldogs came in at No. 11 in

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I amend my earlier remarks.....Cincy and UGA makes sense. Most thought that all along anyway. Group of 5 against Power 5. FL got OK. We live with their decision. GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I want my Dawgs to finish the season on a high note by taking care of business in the Peach Bowl. Let's get after them, Dawgs! Represent the G!

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    KBPKBP Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@David1 , Especially considering one their losses was to an unranked 3 win LSU team.

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

so frustrating. Talk about having the screws put to ya

1)3 total home games

2) no senior day game

3) ranked behind a three loss florida

4) having a noon kickoff with a team that if we beat them it doesn’t help us cause we are supposed to. But if we lose, the sky is falling.

friggin 2020

• Options
    GoodLifeGoodLife Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

The only way for UGA to gain respect is to prove it on the field. We need to dominate Cinncinnati in all phases of the game. Even though we are missing some players, we still should have no problem accomplishing that. We have 10x the amount of talent & depth of the Bearcats.

• Options
    SWDawg68SWDawg68 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wow! One of the great attributes of a great coaching staff, is winning with the talent that is able to play.

IMO, next season starts now & we need to win this game. By 3 TD's or one point, we need to make the best of our situation.

I watched Cincinnati yesterday, the whole game, not just the highlights, they have a really good defense that applies pressure and a offense that can move the ball.

Even if we are playing our second team O & D, we need to win and accept nothing else!

Can the Dawgs overcome their obstacles and win this game!

Our Coaches will be tested like never before, they did last year with Baylor, they need to do it again!

Merry Christmas and GO DAWGS!

• Options
    Bigjohnson92Bigjohnson92 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Our final regular season rankings seem about right when you blend the pre and post JT DAWGS. Our pre JT team just wasn’t very good. We got our swagger and confidence back when JT finally hit the field. Not having the extra win against vandy hurt us some in the polls. Win our bowl game decisively and we jump alot of these teams in the final rankings. Finishing 6 ish in the country after this crazy season concludes would be fine with me.

• Options
    GaBoi69GaBoi69 Posts: 323 ✭✭✭ Junior

The college playoff rankings is a joke. You have a three loss team ranked number 7. Any other three lost team would be out of the top 10.

• Options
    Louis8478Louis8478 Posts: 168 ✭✭✭ Junior

There are at least 4 or 5 teams in the SEC that can beat Notre Dame. What a joke

Go Dawgs, just finish out the season with a win for the seniors.

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    Bigjohnson92Bigjohnson92 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Yep, and we got vandy’ed to a degree at the end. And not finding another opponent at the end, knowing vandy would more than likely cancel again, still blows my mind.

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 371 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

That vandy bunch continues to hose us. They cancel the first time, we drop in the polls. They cancel a second time, we get jumped. Good grief, I want to beat the snot out of them next year.

And 3 loss florida is above us? Not too long ago, they jumped us in the polls at the end of a season when we beat them AND played in the SEC championship. Figures.....

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Notre Dame is always over-rated.

It was fun watching BAMA and FLA last night. I thought BAMA would boat race them into oblivion.

Trask is a fine QB and he has two great weapons(3 actually) in Pitts and Toney. BAMA just so happens to have the best receiver and RB in college. They have 3 players that conceivably could win the Heisman, that's pretty special. Just proves to be something special and win the Natty you have to have some dudes. Especially at the skills positions, and a 1st round QB these days. All 4 teams in the playoffs have that.

It was a pleasure watching Sarkisian and FLA's play caller (Mullin or whoever). Both teams have awesome offenses. NO reason under God's heaven we shouldn't have what they have. Those 2 teams just impose their will on you with their playmakers and their schemes.

Here's hoping we have that next season.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If any team got screwed in these controversial playoff rankings it was Cincinnati. Yet another Group of 5 team gets no respect, and Cincy even gets shoved behind a 2-loss Oklahoma team. CRAZY. That's just wrong. The playoffs are becoming worthless, and unless they expand it to 6 or preferably 8 teams (5 Power 5 conference Champions, Top Group of 5 team, and 2 At-Large bids), then we will just have to suffer through more and more BS like this from the CFP Committee.

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If they didn't expand the playoffs this year, they likely never will.

• Options
    GaBoi69GaBoi69 Posts: 323 ✭✭✭ Junior

If an undefeated Group of 5 team cannot make the playoffs, then the entire playoff system and it's ranking is all subjective and unfair. They talk about the body of work and who a team plays, but it penalties the Group of 5 team who plays the team on their schedule. Florida lost three games and still was placed above Georgia, which one of the games they lost was to LSU with a new starting quarterback and not evening ranked. When Georgia lost the SEC championship game, Florida was ranked above them and Georgia beat them. The rankings and the system is flawed. It is what is it, and its sucks. Notre Dame losses but stays in the top 4....Really

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah. In 2018 we beat Florida and finished with a better record than them even with the close loss to Bama and the Sugar Bowl loss, and they somehow ended up ranked ahead of us. Now, once again we have a better record than them, despite losing to them, and were they punished like we were for having to play Bama? No, of course not. Shame on me for being surprised, I guess.

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

A team that only played 6 games makes the playoffs at number 3. A team that has three losses is ranked number 7, The playoff committee is a joke.