Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Dawgs football: What to make of a season that almost wasn’t

SystemSystem Posts: 10,458 admin
edited December 2020 in Article commenting
imageDawgs football: What to make of a season that almost wasn’t

Can you consider a year when Georgia didn’t achieve its two main preseason goals to be a success?

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BillKingBillKing Posts: 62 ✭✭ Sophomore

To Max: They're planning on honoring Georgia's seniors before the Peach Bowl.

• Options
    10DAWG10DAWG Posts: 254 ✭✭✭ Junior

I would like to start by saying I'm grateful for for getting to see the Dawgs play this season and like Bill, I also predicted them to be 8-2. Now as far as success, I always measure it by maximizing your talent and coaching level to your adversaries. Therefore, I would have to say I'm somewhat disappointed that they didn't take advantage of the off weeks and perform better against the only 2 good teams they played.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great article Bill and I hope our guys show up for the game against Cincinnati (a higher ranked team than UGa). Let’s not be embarrassed like Auburn several years ago when Central Florida took them to the woodshed in the Peach Bowl. Also, Cincinnati is whining that they should have been in the playoffs so let’s clarify things for them as to what what “big boy” football looks like. They will definitely be out to prove a point so we need to be ready to kick a$$. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    RedPantsDawgRedPantsDawg Posts: 175 ✭✭✭ Junior

It was very strange not to be in the stands watching games this year too.

• Options
    DeppDoggDeppDogg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Good take, as always, Bill.

I do have a few Dawg bones to pick with all the "opt out" guys. What does "opt out" even mean? To me it means quit. Because, I suppose, it's always been about ME. I (the hypothetical player) came to UGA because I know they are great at grooming my (fill in the blank) position for the NFL. 'Cause I'm all about the next level. If I thought X, Y, or Z would have been a better fit for the "next level," I'd have been there. UGA's just another farm team for the Big Show. Now that I'm ready to go, bye-bye and good luck, my brothers.

Ask all of them: If UGA was headed to the Natty playoffs, would you be playing? That says a lot. Worried about injury? What, you can't get injured in a national championship semi-final? Or, if you'd have made the same decision regardless, you're just a ME first and always dude and always will be.

But here's the thing. These guys seem to think a bowl game doesn't matter. It might not matter to them, but it definitely matters to the school that gave them this opportunity. Why? Straight up: RECRUITING. Where UGA finishes and HOW they finish will be seen by potential recruits. It MATTERS! UGA does not want to lose to Cincinnati (I thought that was a baseball team).

I know, just one POV which many do not share. All are welcome. But it does not set well in my gut, especially if I'm a donor and a ticket holder and have helped foot the bill for these guys' college education and sports advancement.

• Options
    DawgSonOfGamecockDawgSonOfGamecock Posts: 161 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hey... why do you get to use the d-a-m-n word but we don't? Just kidding! Always appreciate your take on all things Dawgs, Bill. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!