Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Cincinnati an early pick over favored Georgia in Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited December 2020 in Article commenting
imageCincinnati an early pick over favored Georgia in Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl

Georgia football is the favorite over Cincinnati, but the early money is going on the Bearcats in the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl

Read the full story here

Comments

• BoydCrowderBoydCrowder Posts: 73 ✭✭✭ Junior

Impressive use of the concept of transitive properties!

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Georgia better be ready to play. The Dawgs come in missing three team captains, as well as several other starters , while playing for a Peach Bowl Trophy.

Cincinnati comes in playing not only for an undefeated season but also for a National Championship, complete with rings and banners for their stadium.

Peach Bowl trophy vs. biggest game in Cincinnati program history and a National Championship ring!

At least we'll get what some of these young pup freshman have to offer. GOOODAWGS!

• SWDawg68SWDawg68 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If the roster doesn't go too far sideways, this is going to be a great game!

The Dawgs will prevail in the end, but it will taker all 4 quarters. I've got it down as 38 -31 final score!

The fear factor here and I am hoping that the "Talking Heads" keep talking up Cincinnati, is that they are pissed. But, so are the Dawgs and it would be great to see the Seniors get highlighted somehow before the game!

The OU/UF game could be the game to watch, even with Pitts opting out, I believe that OU and UGA are playing "play off caliber football", right now!

Still disappointed for the Aggies, the Irish and Buckeyes will struggle and it will be "Reason # 68" that the playoff system will need to change, but who's counting!

Here we go, lets do this!

• BassDawgBassDawg Posts: 125 ✭✭✭ Junior

Dawgs will prevail and make their statement for next year. Too many younger kids that want to prove themselves. We are mad too we didn't get to final 4 so it should be a great game. Cincy doesn't have the depth so if we work them down with the run first half then open up the air second half should do the trick.

• PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

UGA should wait until 2 days before the game and then opt out.

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The more I think about this game the more I am convinced UGA will win this by at least 10. If we do not have a ton of opt-outs, our players will begin celebrating half way through the fourth quarter. If I were a betting man I would absolutely take UGA -6.5. I hope to hear Kirby utter the words "we had some really energetic practices" the week before this game.

Go Dawgs!

• 2statedawg2statedawg Posts: 21 ✭ Freshman

Cincinnati comes in playing not only for an undefeated season but also for a National Championship, complete with rings and banners for their stadium.

Peach Bowl trophy vs. biggest game in Cincinnati program history and a National Championship ring!

Maybe they can hang it next to Central Florida's.

• budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The seniors that skip the game, should lose the consideration of tying the record for most wins (if UGA even wins this game). Their names should not be included in the record books.

I do see why our db's are dropping like flies though. Do they really want to get torched just before the draft? Everyone knows how they play against good offensive teams.

I don't expect UGA to win this game. Why should the players care when it's obvious the fans dont. Too many fans crying about how this is a scrimmage game. UGA deserves this bowl game and NOTHING more. They lost to the 2 best teams on their schedule, so they have proven nothing. Don't care about JT this or that. They played the games, how they played them. I too believe that with JT, the FL game may of been different.

GO DAWGS!!!!!!

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Reportedly, there are already 8, including pretty much the entire secondary. I consider that a ton.

• GoodLifeGoodLife Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

THe thought crossed my mind what Fickell could do if he had UGA's talent & depth at his disposal. But he is also not coaching in the SEC, which is a totally different animal . IMO, UGA should dominate Cincinnati simply because of the aforementioned criteria.

• SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This. Get in the additional bowl practices and then pull a Vandy and pull out the day before. I’m sure Army would be happy to play in the Peach Bowl. The bowl money gets split in the SEC anyway so the revenue loss isn’t that great.

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sure hope our younger Dawgs are very hungry and anxious to prove themselves. With so many of our best players opting out or injured this game could be allot tougher than it would be under normal circumstances . But has anything been normal this year ?? No !! I trust our beloved Dawgs. It may be a battle but they will put that W up !! Go Dawgs !!! Merry Christmas Dawgs Fans !! Jesus Christ the Reason for the Season !! God Bless you All. Those of you traveling hope you have a great time but please be safe !!

• WoodstockDawgWoodstockDawg Posts: 249 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The is 0 reason we should lose this game even with all the hold out. We have far superior talent. Our 2nd and 3rd string were all higher rated recruits.

Cincinnati's Rank

41, 3 4* -2020

66, 1 4* -2019

49 , 1 4* - 2018

63, 0 4* - 2017

If they win there would be 2 huge concerns.

1) Our coaches are not able to motivate younger players when their time is called.

2) our coaches are not able to develop players as good as a group of 5 program.

I do not believe we have either problem here at UGA. We do both very well. FSU was a dumpster fire when they lost and there is a reason Gus is gone.

Close game for 1.5 qtrs and Dawgs open up a can.

• Turkeywarrior911Turkeywarrior911 Posts: 5 ✭ Freshman

There should not be a single defensive player in the secondary opt out. They have been scorched by LSU, Bama, and Florida. We don’t have shut down corners and safeties. These boys need to prove something before they attempt for The draft. In my opinion, they should all be coming back to learn how to defend wide receivers by looking for the ball in the air, and not getting PI calls half the game.

• Wozzo_the_Wonder_DogWozzo_the_Wonder_Dog Posts: 189 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hey journalists - with limited stadia capacities, and cancelled bowls, how are the bowl payouts affected? How much is UGA expected to get, and how does that compare to a year ago?

I expect the Peach to play out like last season’s Sugar - UGA in control at the half, and final score closer as UGA plays the bench in the second half.