Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Commentators

BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Tommy Tuberville has to be the worse commentator since Lou Holtz. He would put a screaming baby to sleep.

Comments

• Options
    Original_BDDaveOriginal_BDDave Posts: 50 ✭✭ Sophomore

I thought he was great. He's forgotten more about football and the SEC than any of us will ever know. Also I always enjoyed actually hearing a southern voice during an SEC game.

• Options
    SavageDawg17SavageDawg17 Posts: 1,535 mod

@BamaDawg said:
    Tommy Tuberville has to be the worse commentator since Lou Holtz. He would put a screaming baby to sleep.

Totally agree, Tuberville was the worst...obviously didn't do his homework pre-game, called so many players by the wrong names. Still can't believe ESPN showed a graphic that Ramsey was a Junior.

Would rather listen to Beth Mowins.

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SavageDawg17 said:

@BamaDawg said:

Totally agree, Tuberville was the worst...obviously didn't do his homework pre-game, called so many players by the wrong names. Still can't believe ESPN showed a graphic that Ramsey was a Junior.

Would rather listen to Beth Mowins.

They also showed Payne as a Jr! Am I the only one who felt that the commercials were 50% of the broadcast. Overpaying for TV rights is in danger of killing the Golden Goose IMO. It won't ever stop me watching UGA games but those where I have no "skin in the game" are another story.

• Options
    BobcatGradBobcatGrad Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Most of the mistakes of mis-identification were by Patrick such as confusing Hardman and Godwin. Another play he referred to A. Davis as a safety and Tuberville followed with a description of the play by Davis from his CB position. Being stuck with Patrick and being his first game I thought Tuberville was fine. He made some good points but did not over take the booth. We used to get stuck with Ed Cunningham (who just quit) for ACC games in the Virginia region and he would go on and on about stuff.

• Options
    DawgBonesDawgBones Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BobcatGrad said:
    Most of the mistakes of mis-identification were by Patrick such as confusing Hardman and Godwin. Another play he referred to A. Davis as a safety and Tuberville followed with a description of the play by Davis from his CB position. Being stuck with Patrick and being his first game I thought Tuberville was fine. He made some good points but did not over take the booth. We used to get stuck with Ed Cunningham (who just quit) for ACC games in the Virginia region and he would go on and on about stuff.

BobcatGrad,
    Don't know if you caught it but what immediately aggravated me with Tuberville was early on his reminiscing of how he waltzed into Sanford Stadium with his Ole Miss Team and beat us with only half a team due to sanctions. Sorry but that came across as self-aggrandizing and left me steaming with every 'Mr Know It All' comment he made from there on.

• Options
    BigDawgEatinBigDawgEatin Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BamaDawg said:

Amen !

• Options
    ugaforeverugaforever Posts: 802 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Tubberville is a ****. Is there anything else to say? Oh, he's a condescending A-Hole too boot.

• Options
    BobcatGradBobcatGrad Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

DawgBones, I missed that as I was probably texting with my daughter who was at the game.

• Options
    georgiaboygeorgiaboy Posts: 846 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Tuberville ****! Hope I never have to listen to him again. Definitely didn't do his pregame homework.

• Options
    chattdawgchattdawg Posts: 386 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Did anyone catch that he said Sony would break the 5,000 yard mark in a little over a season??? He thinks he's a Junior!!! What a joke of an announcer.