Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Cincinnati Bearcats eager to bite into Georgia Bulldogs in 'measuring stick' bowl game

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited December 2020 in Article commenting
imageCincinnati Bearcats eager to bite into Georgia Bulldogs in 'measuring stick' bowl game

Cincinnati football is looking to make a statement with a win over a compromised Georgia football team in the Chik-fil-A Peach Bowl

Read the full story here

Comments

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

FACT: In the past four recruiting cycles Cincinnati has had a TOTAL of four blue chip recruits , that's four 4-star recruits and zero 5-stars. All of the rest of their team is comprised of 3-star and below. If we lose to this team it will ONLY be because we have lost a ton of experience and leadership AND their team has retained a ton of experience-for this one game!

If a loss does occur, which I do not believe it will, they should do a case study on this game to obtain a scientific formula for the importance of senior leadership and experience!

Win or lose Cincinnati has no business making a claim they are even a top five team. If we were in their conference we would look like the best team to have ever played the game.

edited December 2020

"the Bearcats would earn immediate credibility, and with a perfect 10-0 record, the right to declare themselves uncrowned champions."

BS Mike. Read the below post.

There is a reason they are undefeated and ranked 8th in the nation. Their conference is not good and their talent level is not on par with top-tier teams. Period.

• 10DAWG10DAWG Posts: 250 ✭✭✭ Junior

Cinci's natty shirts are being printed in time for that last minute Christmas gift and the way UGA players are dropping, it may be justified.

Final thought on all this ridiculousness. If the Bearcats had to play this game with what appears to be double-digit starter/leader losses like UGA is going to have to do, they would lose 50 to 0.

I hope we beat the sht out of this team. I am so tired of narratives being pushed by snowflakes based upon their limited wisdom and narrow-minded perspective.

Go Dawgs!

• LowcountryLowcountry Posts: 104 ✭✭✭ Junior

I hope we win by 28. Sick of this Cinderella BS. Beat the brakes off of their starters with our backups.

• khummelkhummel Posts: 801 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Our 2's and 3's should have no difficulty beating Cincy... on paper. If we lose on the field, it'll be due to the new starters not being dialed in, and to some extent the coaching staff for not getting them there. Go Dawgs!

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This game is one of heart. Cincy has the chance to end the year on a perfect note, co-champs, just like UCF did....they are PSYCHED. They are invested, UGA...lots of opt-outs and I have heard no real zeal for this one as yet. Maybe it will come. This Cincy team is NOT Baylor. Cincy is better than Baylor. UGA better coach this one UP. Get some FIRE in the bellies of the boys. Coach Smart says he always plays to win...here is your opportunity to WIN, Coach! Do it! Anything less and Cincy ends with a perfect record and UGA has THREE losses.,,one to a Group of 5 team.

UGA is depleting its elite defense....but we have depth! Last year same scenario. Fire up the young guns!!!! Win this game if it so winnable because we are simply a Power 5 program!!! Prove it!

• DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It doesn't take much to motivate young men. If they are able to move the ball on us, that will only give them more confidence. We need to not take this team lightly. I hope our kids are motivated and cram the ball down their throats.

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,735 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If we don't win the game this will all be on our coaches.

A loss would also bring shame on the team, of course, and on all Georgia fans.

That's taking nothing away from the 'Cats.

The fact is we are more talented on our 3rd string than the Bearcat starters. Our coaches have to get the young players up to speed and fully invested.

Go, Dawgs!

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"It doesn't take much to motivate young men."

Yeh, either negatively or positively. Don't think our coaches are doing a good job on the positive side. If they put their foot down they probably will be accused of racism. No way we have more than 5-6 players getting drafted, the rest are living in La-LA Land.

• PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Since so many players are opting out, I'm going to opt out of the Dawgs, for this one. It sure would be fun watching the Cincy players rally around each other to defeat a juggernaut, even if it's teeth are missing. If Cincy wins, it could be a great show watching them celebrate. You know the announcers are going to root for the underdogs. Go Bearcats!

• GardenDawgGardenDawg Posts: 311 ✭✭✭ Junior

This game is an audition for a starting spot or more playing time next year if the young guys can keep chop'n!

• JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

I seem to recall Missouri thinking that our game with them this year was a “measuring stick” as well. That didn’t work out so well for Mizzou

Also, Baylor last year thought that they were going to measure up to GA in the bowl game. Especially since we had several players missing for various reasons. Again, the Dawgs proved more than capable.

I saw Cincinnati play Tulsa and was not that impressed. I think we will overwhelm them with our size and speed, the likes of which they never see in the AAC.

• Billy2131Billy2131 Posts: 153 ✭✭✭ Junior

Sad to say but I bet UGA gets beat in this game... Our offense will be hard to beat, excellent kicking game but the defense can they stop a qb that is good at throwing the ball (with potentially two starting CB's quitting) and a good running back transfer from BAMA? Kirby better have his team ready to roll or else my prediction will come true. My preseason prediction (after the quitter from Wake left) had UGA going 7-3 in the regularly season and a bowl win putting us at 8-3. With the quitters from Vandy quitting my prediction should be spot on... lets hope for 8-2 though!!!

• khummelkhummel Posts: 801 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2020

Piggy-backing on my prior comment, if the starters don't get the prep they need and/or leave everything they have on the field, that'll be a bad sign of things to come in the 2021 season. Conversely, if those who participate (players and staff) do so to their fullest extent, this should not be a close game, and it'll bode well for 2021. In other words, we'll see what this bowl team (i.e., next year's team) is made of. Go Dawgs!

• budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited December 2020

All I know is, IF UGA wins this game, then every senior that opts out, should NOT be listed in the record books with tied number of wins. Because technically they didn't play, so it shouldn't count as a wn for them.

And the comment about "explaining the loss" if Cincy beats them. I will, UGA is overrated. Because so many people talk about the depth, this and that. Let's see. The 2's and 3's are going to get their shot.

Never thought that I would see so many defensive players scared of playing against another real good offense. I guess after 2 whoopings they took, they have had enough. Cause they look good against jv offenses they get to play, but against real offenses, not so much. I guess if they don't get embarrassed, it won't hurt their draft stock as much.

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Georgia's going to bring 90% of it's first string offense, and 20% of it's first string defense. It should make for a fair fight.

Can't wait to watch the offense do their work, and to see how those young pups on defense perform. GOOOOODAWGS!

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2020

“I never thought I’d say it, but if this continues, I’d say let’s bring back the BCS and the computers, because it would be a fairer system than what I’m seeing now,” Aresco said. “This is the seventh year and it does appear that the deck is stacked against us and against other G4.

Couldn't agree more. Expand the playoffs to 8 teams - (5) Power 5 Champions, Best of the non-Power 5 (like Cincy), and 2 At-large bids.

Dawgs need to bring their A game to the field in the Peach Bowl. Cincy is the real deal and should provide plenty of competition. J.T. Daniels has been great since taking over at quarterback the last three games, but he’s also facing by far the best pass defense he’s seen this season. Cincinnati is second nationally in pass efficiency defense and tied for second in interceptions with 15.

GO DAWGS!!

• GoodLifeGoodLife Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited December 2020

WWACD "What Would Alabama & Clemson Do" if they played Cincinnati? I guarantee the game would not be close. If UGA wants to be considered among the elite programs, then we better play like one. I don't care about the number of players not participating, we STILL have 4-5 times the talent/depth that Cincy has. I'm hoping for a dominating performance. Anything less is an underachievement and the pundits will continue to give us the modicum of respect we so often see.