Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Auburn hire Bryan Harsin joins 'Old Man Kirby' in SEC shark tank

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited December 2020 in Article commenting
imageAuburn hire Bryan Harsin joins 'Old Man Kirby' in SEC shark tank

Auburn has a new head coach in Bryan Harsin who is much more accomplished than some might realize, including a couple of stints through the South

Read the full story here

Comments

• GardenDawgGardenDawg Posts: 311 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think this may be a Christmas gift to Dawgnation for the next 3-5 years!

• Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Happy birthday, coach!

GO DAWGS!

• MobileDawgMobileDawg Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This could be a good hire for Auburn, Boise State has been a consistently good program able to compete with Power Five programs over the years. He's been part of that for quite a while. Time will tell, the SEC is a different animal....

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Auburnt will ruin a good coach in a short period of time.. Wonder how many friendly auburn "handshake" he's been offered from barn boosters in 24 hours?

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I believe the hardest part for him will be recruiting the South against the likes of UGA, Bama, Clemson to name just a few schools that rely heavily on the South to sign players.. No doubt the man can coach.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not familiar with his style of coaching, anyone care to elaborate? What type of offense does he use?

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm going on the assumption that Harsin and BS dominated recruiting in their conference.

Kind of like how Clemson always gets the best recruits in the ACC, and Ohio St gets the best in the B1G. It's one thing to be successful, when you're out recruiting every team in your conference every year. It's another when you jump into the shark tank that is the SEC.

Mullen and Pruitt are finding that out. Their desperation to keep up has lead to some trouble with the NCAA.

We'll see how Harsin handles that at Auburn.

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2020

Harsin is a very good coach, but he will be competing against the best programs in the nation in regards to recruiting. That will be where he either shines or hits a brick wall. Of course, a lot of players like to play for a new head coach, a new program, and some fresh ideas.

I wonder if he'll have Jordan-Hare's field painted blue?

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Like TN, Auburn’s lifeblood is recruiting Georgia. Since Kirby arrived an occasional blue chipper that Kirby wants will leave the state, but the rest that don’t have a spot on the Dawg’s board get spread amongst the many programs that recruit the state, not the least being Clemson. The days of TN and Auburn being powers because of Georgia talent are over and I don’t see that changing because of a new head coach.

• ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Time will tell if Harsin made a good move. He left his alma mater which is is a questionable move IMO. I hope he has a super thick skin, because nowhere on earth is as CFB intense as Alabama.