Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Kirby Smart: Azeez Ojulari in, several other Georgia starters out of Peach Bowl

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited December 2020 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart: Azeez Ojulari in, several other Georgia starters out of Peach Bowl

Georgia coach Kirby Smart revealed the playing status of some key Bulldogs for the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl on his Saturday night Zoom call

Read the full story here

Comments

• David1David1 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mike, I hope you don’t miss the start of the game. You keep reporting it’s at 12:30 but espn announces it at 12:00.

opt out=quitting

• Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Man, hearing the news about Azeez Ojulari playing really lifted my spirits! That's awesome! I sure hope the rest of the guys that were planning to opt out, also decide to play with their brothers one last time. One more game, guys. Let's take care of business.

Thank you, Azeez Ojulari! And all the rest of you who decide to play. One last time!

GO DAWGS!

• HunkerDawgHunkerDawg Posts: 76 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hopefully, Azeez also sticks around one more year and plays with his brother in Athens.

• WCHWCH Posts: 474 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Happy to learn that Ojulari will participate in the Peach Bowl and that loyalty and brotherhood are part of his character. He's quite a player!

I noticed that CKS said that of the 64 who were drafted "players drafted" only 6 players didn't play in their teams bowl games. What about the uncounted players such as Holyfield who weren't drafted. It seems that this unknown number has to be a much bigger number and demonstrates that these "OPT-OUTs" are becoming a sever problem for colleges and universities that spend millions of dollars each year to provide them with a college education not to mention a path to the NFL.

• Alexander_the_LateAlexander_the_Late Posts: 42 ✭✭✭ Junior

I see Kirby's back to treating the media like they're wrong for not knowing what he didn't let them know, and acting like it's none of the fans' business, really, who's opting out. "I just want to talk about Cincinnati." Yeah, Kirby, you did that in your opening statement, and it's not like you're going to give away your gameplan, so what is the point of anyone asking questions about Cincinnati? We don't care how many of the top 64 players from last year's draft opted out, as that doesn't matter since that won't affect Friday's game. And, even though he's pretending they're the same thing, an "opt out" isn't the same as an injured player not being a go. Kirby can be a real "___" when he chooses to be, and he chooses that option for addressing the media, and thus the fans, far too often. Winning and being polite aren't mutually exclusive.

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I wish Mark Webb was not playing. I feel he is a liability on the deep ball and would rather see a player on next year's team get the reps in his place.

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited December 2020

Everything in this article is encouraging about this team and the young men across the nation that are playing ball. I pray the injured players recover fully, quickly regardless of whether they play again for UGA.

God bless America and our beloved Dawgs. Beat the Bearcats!

• EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The haters always want to talk about a player opting out of an exhibition game

• 87dawg87dawg Posts: 364 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Exhibition games don't count in final records. Bowl games do. The Senior Bowl is an exhibition game.

• budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

That is not a lot. 6 of the first 64 players drafted, opted out. Now tell the other side, that's because half of them were probably in the playoffs.

GO DAWGS!!!!

• IowadawgfanIowadawgfan Posts: 64 ✭✭ Sophomore

Thank you Azeez .. ball out , be a leader , show them young pups coming in how to be a dawg .. and show the nfl what they bout to get

• rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Just because someone disagrees with you does not make them a "hater".

• khummelkhummel Posts: 801 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

“I’m super proud of the guys that are (playing) and want to finish it off and are committed to Georgia,” Smart said. “And they are finishing it off the right way.”

Pretty much sums it up, thinly veiled, to the point.

• GardenDawgGardenDawg Posts: 311 ✭✭✭ Junior

Very proud of Azeez! Lead the D!